Espanola - New Mexico (NM), 87532
Del Norte Credit Union
Del Norte is seeking an experienced Compliance Officer to join our Team!
The Compliance Officer is responsible for ensuring the Credit Union is in compliance with all applicable consumer protection laws, including state and federal laws and regulations, and NCUA Rules and Regulations.
The ideal candidate demonstrates proficiency in the following skills sets:
- Analyze new and pending laws and regulations which will affect the Credit Union's operations and report to the Leadership team on a regular basis. Keep a compliance calendar to assist with regulatory deadlines. Update compliance program as necessary.
- Investigate any Fraud/AML Verafin alerts, assign tasks as appropriate, document, and follow up to ensure all required reporting is complete. Freeze member accounts as necessary, clear false alerts and make member behavior adjustments in Verafin. Follow up on any cases assigned to other department personnel including any behavior reviews or high risk rated members. Review enhanced member due diligence and update behaviors as necessary within Verafin.
- Work with auditors and examiners to ensure the credit union responds appropriately to deficiencies, exceptions, and other recommendations.
- Possess effective knowledge of the Credit Union’s products and services.
- Assist VP of Risk in developing policies and procedures for compliance issues and keep track of policy review deadlines. Conduct periodic reviews of existing policies to ensure accuracy, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Solid administrative skills
- Eager to exceed member expectations and demonstrate a commitment to excellence.
- High attention to detail; excellent verbal and written communication skills; demonstrated excellence in problem-resolution skills and multi-tasking.
Ideal candidates will have five years to eight years of similar or related experience to include working knowledge of deposit and lending products and services.
We offer a competitive salary and generous benefits package.
Qualified candidates must complete an online application and submit a resume at www.dncu.org.