Under general supervision, performs a wide variety of custodial functions and assists in maintaining assigned Senior Center buildings and facilities; when scheduled/assigned, provides daily driving or escort services for senior citizens to and from various activities such as medical appointments, shopping trips, and congregate/senior center for meals; delivers homebound meals and other needed commodities to senior clients; and checks on well-being of senior clients and notifies supervisor of changes or concerns related to client health and well-being.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
- High School Diploma/GED Certificate
- Six months of custodial experience involving the cleaning and maintaining of interiors of buildings;
- Previous driving experience with a clean driving record for the past year;
- Experience transporting clients to and from appointments/activities and/or making deliveries associated with a regular commercial or home delivery routes that includes customer service contact is preferred.
- Valid New Mexico driver's license or ability to obtain a valid New Mexico driver's license within 30 days of hire.
- Pre-employment drug and alcohol screening
- Ability to maintain a valid New Mexico driver's license
- Must pass a background check applicable to position.
This is a safety- sensitive position subject to random drug testing in accordance with County policy Article XIII Drug and Alcohol Policy and Testing-Drug Free Workplace of the Sandoval County Personnel Rules and Regulation.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for a wide variety of cleaning and general custodial services within a
Senior Center; sets up and tears down tables and chairs and other equipment for various activities/events; empties trash and removes to outside trash containers; and changes lining in trash containers as needed; within offices, dusts and clean desks, chairs, cabinets, and telephones; and cleans window sills and dust mops tile floors within offices on a daily basis.
Thoroughly cleans Center floors, cabinets, and other furnishings on a daily basis; wet mops tile floors; waxes and buffs floors at least monthly; cleans restrooms including emptying of trash, sweeps floor, cleans wash basins and urinals in men's restroom, toilets, walls on bathroom stalls, mirrors and wet mops the floor; replaces soap and paper product supplies in restrooms and sanitizes restroom floors as needed; sweeps outside and inside entry areas as directed; dust and wet mops the hallways; and cleans ashtrays, light fixtures, and ceiling fans as needed.
Monitors level of supplies available and informs supervisor, in writing, when new supplies are required.
Provides daily driving or escort services for senior citizens to and from various activities such as medical appointments, shopping trips, and congregate/senior center for meals; provides assistance to clients in getting into and out of the vehicles; delivers homebound meals and other needed commodities to senior clients; and checks on well-being of senior clients and notifies supervisor of changes or concerns related to client health and well-being.
Monitors day-to-day vehicle performance and maintenance to ensure safety, proper maintenance, sanitation, and upkeep of vehicles; ensures the cleanliness of vehicle at all times; arranges for regular vehicle maintenance per manufacturer's requirements; and verifies readiness of on-van fire extinguishers and first aid kits; and maintains required daily records or logs including mileage, number of passengers and trips taken and fuel usage.