Safety/DOT Compliance Manager
Portales - New Mexico (NM),
Red Stag LLC
The right candidate for this role with thrive on challenges, someone that takes ownership and wants to be a part of something. We are actively looking for the ideal person to join our team, helping to grow a budding safety culture. You are driven, safety is who you are, its your passion. You can handle pressure and tight deadlines with ease, you excel at communication and understand its value in being successful.
- Ensure a safe working environment, and work with Red Stag and 3 Star Daylighting to maintain safety standards
- Ensure all company vehicles, trucks, and trailers comply with regulations published by the Department of Transportation
- Accountable for all driver DOT compliance to include hours of service, CSA BASICs, and drug and alcohol testing
- Responsible for vetting all carriers to ensure they meet the requirements of Red Stag and the FMCSA
- Verify that all new-hire drivers meet Red Stag new-hire DOT qualifications
- Oversee driver and employee pre-employment, post-accident, and random drug-testing processes
- Oversee safety and compliance driver orientation
- Actively participate in all driver accident, injury, and roadside inspection violation review calls
- Manage FMCSA portal to include annual update of MCS-150
- Develop, implement, and manage key performance indicators to measure driver safety and compliance.
- Act as a subject matter expert to interpret and apply FMCSA rules and regulations to the business
3 Star Daylighting, LP and Red Stag, LLC are Equal Opportunity Employers that comply with the laws and regulations set forth under the EEOC.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, or disability.
The successful candidate will possess the following
- 3 to 5 years verifiable experience in a safety role within an asset-based transportation environment
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of DOT (Department of Transportation), FMCSA (Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration) rules and regulations.
- Familiarity with OSHA
- Working knowledge of ELD tracking software.
- Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely. Listen effectively, demonstrate understanding and clarify meaning for others.
- Ability to develop, coach and mentor others.
- Ability to plan and execute safety meetings, accident reviews, and safety milestone celebrations.
- Demonstrate the ability to be a “team member"
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Google Docs/Spreadsheets, PowerPoint, excellent Public Speaking Skills
Job Type: Full-time
- DOT: 3 years (Required)
- Safety Management: 2 years (Required)
- Associate (Preferred)
- English, Spanish (Preferred)
- 25% (Preferred)
- Monday (Required)
- Tuesday (Required)
- Thursday (Required)
- Sunday (Preferred)
- Friday (Required)
- Saturday (Preferred)
- Wednesday (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required