Ticket Sales for Snowsports (Winter Seasonal)
Taos Ski Valley - New Mexico (NM), 87525
Taos Ski Valley, Inc
Is responsible for assisting, directing and counseling skiers, snowboarders and their families and ensures that guests have the best possible skiing and riding experience at Taos Ski Valley. Possesses knowledge of Snowsports School’s programs and is able to sell and refund these products to our guests. Also does retail sales and rental clothes and equipment rentals.
Essential Job Qualifications
The following qualifications must have been proven at TSV, Inc. or verified by previous employers. These are the basic skills and attitudes an applicant will be expected to bring to this job as opposed to those to be learned on the job.
- Good organizational skills and a helpful constructive attitude.
- Math skills which are sufficient to calculating refunds and multi ticketing.
- Experience in using a computer and ability to multi-task duties.
- Great attention to detail and ability to follow task to completion.
- Responsible and dependable as demonstrated by attendance and promptness.
- Is self-motivated and capable of working diligently without constant supervision.
- Demonstrates safety consciousness including an understanding of TSV Safety policies and procedures.
- Anticipates, corrects, eliminates, or immediately reports any hazardous or unsafe conditions.
- Follows instructions and recognizes, locates, and corrects simple problems without detailed instructions or supervision.
- Interacts well with guests of all ages.
- Able to lift and bend through the work day; able to walk up and down two flights of stairs as many as 30 times per shift; must be agile, sure-footed, and cautious on slippery surfaces.
Total Compensation Package:
This is a seasonal position with benefits that include a free season pass, free employee shuttle, family & friends discounted tickets and excellent resort wide discounts! Dependent upon FT or PT status, additional benefits may include paid wellness days and domestic partnership benefits.
Objectives of our overall compensation philosophy include:
- Fairly & competitively compensate within our region, industry & larger marketplace while keeping with our B Corp ethics
- Pair equity amongst genders and similar types of work, rather than relying on past wage history
- Support pay transparency & encourage openness on compensation topics
- Conducting regular, organization-wide pay analyses to ensure fair and unbiased compensation
- Rewarding those that are results-driven, contribute positively & bring additional value to the organization by aligning with our organization’s overall goals, B Corp ethics and sustainability guidelines.
Other sweet perks include:
- Retail, Rental, F&B, Lodging & Recreational discounts
- Totally cool deals on awesome gear
- Lift ticket discounts to partner resorts
- Internal recognition programs
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Awesome staff events and cultural experiences
- Access to wellness programs and gym discounts!
- A robust Employee Assistance Program offering all kinds of wonderful perks!
- ...did we mention the views are gorgeous?!
Positions dealing with children, of safety sensitive and/or confidential nature, require driving or positions that handle cash may require a background check and MVR check. Employment is contingent upon a favorable background check and MVR check.
Here at Taos Ski Valley, Inc. we want you to Be Yourself! We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer which means your gender, your sex life, your skin color, your age, disability, DNA, military status, who you love or your religious beliefs are all welcomed and appreciated here. We prefer to base our hiring on your values, your experience & qualifications and your passions! So, if you’re stoked about the mountain, want to work for a B Corp, have a positive, can-do attitude and are good at what you do, then WE WANT YOU!
This description is a summary of the position, for a full job description please email [email protected]
If you have further questions, please email [email protected] or please give us a call at 575-776-2291