Amazon Books Retail Associate - 34th Street (Flex Time)
New York - New York (NY), 10022
Amazon Retail LLC
Estimated salary $15.90 an hour
- High school or equivalent diploma
- 1+ year experience in a retail or customer facing environment or prior Amazon experience
- The pay rate for this role is $15.90 per hour
Join the Amazon Stores team that launched Amazon Books and Amazon 4-star. Our stores provide a unique, physical extension of Amazon.com through a highly curated assortment of unique in-store shopping experience where customers can discover the next product they’ll love and interact with our knowledgeable and engaging associates. If you want to join a fast-paced, innovative team that is making history and breaking new ground for Amazon, this is the place for you.
As a Retail Associate, you will be the face of Amazon and contribute to a vibrant store culture based on customer obsession, trust, respect, integrity, continuous learning, and fun. You adhere to and maintain regular and punctual attendance, safety and quality standards and follow standard processes while identifying opportunities for improvement. You are flexible while working in an ambiguous environment with strong attention to detail, possess the ability to quickly prioritize tasks, collaborate, multi-task, have a willingness and enjoy learning new things, with a commitment to delighting our customers.
What You Do:
- Deliver excellent customer service acting with a customer-first mindset when answering customer questions
- Ask great questions to help identify customer needs and exercise great judgement in handling requests or difficult customer interactions
- Introduce customers to exciting Amazon products and service that facilitates discovery of anything Amazon has to offer including device demonstrations in a simple and accessible way
- Follow merchandising guidelines and execute space and signage changes as needed inside and outside the store building
- Receive, stock, and replenish
Candidates must be at least 18 years of age. Amazon does not sponsor for immigration, including for H-1B, TN, and other non-immigrant visas, for this role.
- Prior experience working within Amazon Physical Stores
- 2+ years’ experience in a retail or customer facing environment
- Strong understanding of Amazon devices and Amazon services
- Strong verbal communication and customer service skills
- Demonstrated success in problem solving and delivering results
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.