New York - New York (NY),
Estimated salary $53,956 - $73,140 a year
Assist in the coordination and management of Human Resources Services. Provide on-site service and support.
- Ensure a high level of service to all constituents.
- Distribute employment applications, transfers and other requests; collect resumes; respond to inquiries regarding vacant positions. Respond to and advise employees on the status of the application process.
- Notify union employment centers, as necessary. Prepare job postings.
- Administer skills testing, as necessary.
- Prepare and collate new employee files; ensure that all necessary paperwork is completed as part of the new hire process (i.e. I-9, statutory clearances). Follow-up on all references and other competency assessment. Ensure that new hires are scheduled for appropriate orientation: monitor attendance.
- Review new hire employment file to ensure completion and accuracy of records.
- Accurately process all necessary employee hires, transfers, changes in salary, department, position, personal information and LOA status. Ensure accurate position codes, benefit deduction and accrual codes, etc. Assist in the process of termination by distributing final
paychecks and ensuring exit interviews are conducted.
- Ensure all necessary documents are in personnel files.
- Respond promptly to various information requests, such as mortgage, housing, social security, employment and other verification requests. Retrieve information for subpoenas, audits, references, case preparation, complaints and litigation.
- Oversee access to employee personnel records; ensure appropriate retrieval and filing procedures. Responsible for filing all work related documents. Manage filing system, as necessary
- Receive visitors, inquire as to their needs and/or direct to appropriate HR staff. Answer telephone, screen calls, take accurate messages and provide general information.
- Handle incoming faxes and mail correspondence; open and date stamp mail, review, sort, distribute as necessary.
- Assist with the preparation of materials, agendas, notes, handouts.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- 2 years office experience.