Belmont - North Carolina (NC), 28012
You will be responsible for purchasing products, goods and materials (stock and/or non-stock) that meet the organization's standards of price, quality, timing, and reliability of supply. You may be procuring product in support of a Vallen distribution center, warehouse, an assigned client, and/or an assigned vendor. Note: This is an hourly / non-exempt role.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform procurement activities to ensure the organization's current and anticipated demand for products and materials (stock and non-stock) are met and in alignment with Vallen’s purchasing strategies.
- Review and approve assigned inventory forecasts produced by the GAINS application.
- Review and approve daily replenishment recommendations produced by the GAINS application.
- Assess existing orders to determine action for expediting or de-expediting for optimal delivery.
- Place purchase requisitions and vendor orders.
- Monitor the quality and timeliness of products and materials supplied; may coordinate the return of damaged goods and/or replacement items.
- Negotiate and coordinate vendor returns for aging, expired, or excess inventory; coordinate other liquidation activities as required.
- Follow-up on the status of purchase orders with vendors to ensure timely delivery; and communicate status of orders with internal and/or external customers.
- Communicates with vendors to resolve problems with timeliness and product quality.
- Maintain and cultivate relationships with one or more suppliers, vendors, internal or external customers.
- Research and resolve account payables nonconformance with suppliers.
Vallen is an industry leader in delivering flexible supply chain solutions and services along with a comprehensive range of maintenance, repair,
Working at Vallen
At Vallen, we are committed to the success of our customers and our co-workers and do what it takes to get the job done right. We work diligently to improve and drive results that create value. We’re hands-on, responsive and team-oriented. We apply our insights, experience and relationships to find the best solution to every challenge. We hold ourselves to be personally accountable to do what we say we will do.
Qualifications & Benefits
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g., Business, Finance, etc.) or equivalent experience. 3+ years of experience in the field of Procurement preferred. CPM certification preferred. Other relevant experience includes:
- Excellent customer service.
- Computer skills and aptitude to learn Vallen’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Inventory Management applications;
- GAINS experience preferred.
- Mathematical aptitude for basic calculations.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail, organizational and execution skills.
- Proficiency with MS-Office products.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
401K Plan, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Personal, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts and a definitive career path.