Cary - North Carolina (NC), 27518
Kiddie Academy of Cary
Do you love working with children and helping to prepare young minds for future success? Are you looking to make a difference in your community while obtaining valuable hands-on experience, professional development, and training in a supportive environment? Then come join our team!
We are currently seeking professional and energetic Assistant Teachers for this location. Our Assistant Teachers are responsible for helping with general classroom management and supervision, which includes the personal care, hygiene, and positive discipline of the children. As an Assistant Teacher, you will help the classroom teacher to implement activities for children that stress physical, social, and emotional growth and provide materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate, and use, both in learning activities and in active play.
If this sounds like the opportunity you've been looking for, then we encourage you to click Apply now!
- Helps and supervises children during all activities
- Counsels children when social, academic, or adjustment problems arise
- Develops, plans, and prepares instructional aids/materials for classroom activities
- Ensures that the appearance, cleanliness, and safe environment of the classroom are appropriately maintained
- Helps children with meal times and clean-up
- Helps with all academy and classroom paperwork, such as daily notes, student accident reports, and attendance reports
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, academy events, and parent meetings as requested
- Helps prepare and implement classroom lesson plans, programs, and schedules
- Ensures that all classroom and outdoor equipment are in good working condition and are used and maintained properly
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must meet all requirements stipulated by the state for this position
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent and be at least 18 years of OR must be in a high school work study program relating to the area of child care
- Pleasant/friendly demeanor and an outgoing personality
- Highly professional and dependable
- Must be able to interact appropriately with students of all ages and skill levels as well as with parents, coworkers, and management
- Must be able to lift no less than 40 pounds on a consistent basis throughout the workday to at least waist high
- Vision, Dental benefits, 401K Options, Vacation, Personal, sick and Holiday pay, Professional Development & training, Childcare Discount, Tuition assistance, TEACH program