Charlotte - North Carolina (NC), 28217
A family of companies and experiences
As the leading foodservice and support services company, Compass Group USA is known for our great people, great service and our great results. If you’ve been hungry and away from home, chances are you’ve tasted Compass Group’s delicious food and experienced our outstanding service. Our 225,000 associates work in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more in all 50 states. Our reach is constantly expanding to shape the industry and create new opportunities for innovation. Join the Compass family today!
great people. great services. great results.
Each and every individual plays a key role in the growth and legacy of our company. We know the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and attracting expertise that differentiates us as a company as we continue to raise the bar.
The position reports to the Director of Marketing and is responsible for producing visually impactful solutions to the business. This position is accountable for graphic support for the Creative Team. This includes designing and producing original innovative materials including, brochures, advertisements, newsletters, logos, menus, guides, store signage, labels, custom presentations and other special projects as well as any materials need for proposals, including binders, packaging materials, floor plans, trade show materials, custom layouts and full custom proposals. This position also helps maintain the image library and monitors use according to legal and company guidelines.
- Create various campaign collateral, promotional and advertising pieces
- Provide graphic design support for Compass sectors and internal departments
- Develop concepts and visual brand support including logos, names and associated taglines
- See projects through to completion, from initial design to final implementation in the field
- Conceptualize and design visual material to meet the needs of multiple business sectors
- Display proper reasoning and judgment in analysis of issues, and demonstrate ability to independently select a wise course of action
- Maintain and manage all digital resources created in projects
- Ensure use and integrity of Compass Group and sector logos/imagery is protected
- Demonstrate a clear knowledge and familiarity of the Compass Group, Sector and MyCompass websites to keep abreast of new information
- Display effective problem-solving skills and appropriate use of design programs for specific tasks
- Display strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft programs such as PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Create and produce cutting-edge imagery superior to industry competition
- 5+ years working within a design firm or other creative team environment as a Graphic Designer
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, Associate degree required
- Expertise in Macintosh OSX environment, the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects) and the full Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent grammar, punctuation, spelling and organizational skills
- Strong organizational skills in order to multi-task and manage multiple projects at once
- Strong, conceptual thinker who possesses a wide range of design capabilities including a solid background in print, packaging, branding, typography, catalog design and retail graphics all a plus.
- Experience with digital technology and editing software a plus
- Open and receptive to design critique but also able to represent their own work and explain specific design strengths
- Able to problem solve and find multiple design solutions, especially under narrow parameters or strict budget restraints
Able to collaborate with other members of the graphic design and marketing team and effectively communicate ideas
Apply to Compass Group today!
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 358399
BRIAN P PANGBORN