Insurance Benefits Verification Representative
Charlotte - North Carolina (NC), 28207
Reproductive Endocrinology Associates of Charlotte
Be a part of a team dedicated to helping people build families!
The Reproductive Endocrinology Associates of Charlotte (REACH) has been a leader in treating patients with fertility issues in Charlotte, North Carolina since 1988. Combining decades of experience with state-of-the-art technology, REACH has achieved some of the highest pregnancy rates in the Southeast. REACH is also known for providing compassionate patient care, individualized treatment plans and the most cost-efficient options, giving you every conceivable chance for success.
As one of the largest and most successful practices in Southeast United States, our fertility and IVF clinics provide personalized care, advanced treatment options, and exceptional results.
Our mission is simple: to be the premier provider of compassionate and patient focused fertility & reproductive services, with utmost integrity and concern, delivered through a dedicated, diverse and expert team of physicians, scientists and staff.
Together, we make families happen!
What if each day you could….
Make a difference in the lives of others
Fulfill the dreams of parenthood for a couple or individual
Work in a team environment that has a common goal
See challenges as opportunities to excel and grow as an individual while contributing to an important mission
You can do this here at REACH!
ABOUT THE JOB
The Insurance Benefits Verification Representative participates in and is responsible for all aspects of patient service with regard to reimbursement issues financial products. This includes, but is not limited to benefit verification, referral intake and authorization processing, and collection of deposits.
In accordance with departmental policies and procedures, the primary function of the position is to perform insurance and benefit verification, and payer authorization (precertification, referral, etc) to ensure that patient financial obligations are met prior to patient services.
This a full time, fully benefited position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal, financial and insurance information.
- Provide courteous and professional customer service to patients, coworkers and management
- Document accounts appropriately (Optimum and Artworks)
- Responsible for notifying patients prior to appointment if authorization/referral is necessary, obtaining and entering referrals, authorizations and predetermines on behalf of the patient into the system.
- Obtains accurate benefits/eligibility information for the patient.
- Provides financial support to ensure patient understands authorization process and financial obligations.
- Requests/Obtains necessary waivers for those patients who choose not to use his/her benefit or do not have proper authorization for treatment.
- Knowledgeable on the Shared Risk Program.
- Communicates effectively with patients, coworkers, and supervisors.
- Able to work within a team setting ( i.e. assisting team members and sharing knowledge)
- Effectively works with assigned insurance carrier(s) to resolve referral, authorization and predetermine issues.
- Responsible for reviewing and interpreting patient accounts.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures.
- Contributes to team effort by maintaining an excellent rapport and working relationship with reception/checkout desk and supporting front desk activity as needed; cooperating with other departments within the practice.
- Works effectively with the clinical team to determine and communicate correct financial obligations to the patients.
- Is reliable. It is an essential function of this position to report to work on time, ready to work for your scheduled hours on a consistent basis.
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate Degree in accounting or business. High School Diploma acceptable with appropriate hands-on experience.
- Minimum 2 years specialized experience with associate degree, or minimum 5 years’ experience without associate degree.
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer. Medical software program experience required.
- Knowledge of office procedure and office machines (i.e. computer, fax, copier, etc.)
REACH can offer you the following benefits:
- An amazing opportunity for you to make a transformative difference in people’s lives!
- Competitive salary.
- Medical (Blue Cross/Blue Shield), dental, life, 401K with company match, STD, LTD, life insurance and vision coverage for full time employees.
- A very generous PTO policy and six (6) paid holidays..
- Tuition reimbursement ($1,000.00) for full time employees after one year!
- Free Annual Wellness Screenings for all employees.
- Flexible Spending Account.
- Free Flu Shots.
- Employee assistance program.
For additional information on REACH, please visit our website at https://www.northcarolinafertility.com/.
REACH participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a service that verifies authorization to work in the U.S through the U.S Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the U.S Department of Social Security (SSA).
All offers of employment with REACH/IntegraMed are contingent upon the background check, drug screen and reference check process.