Warehouse Delivery Driver/Materials Handler
Greensboro - North Carolina (NC), 27401
Adams Electric Company
Position Summary – The job will be split between warehouse work and non-cdl Delivery work. The Warehouse Delivery Driver is responsible for operating company trucks to deliver products running various designated routes. The Warehouse Delivery Driver is accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the vehicle and may also be required to perform loading, unloading and other warehouse duties. The selected candidate must be flexible with start times and assigned routes. The applicants must have a CDL A with a Hazardous Materials Endorsement.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Move freight, stock, or other materials to and from storage or jobsites, loading docks, delivery vehicles, or containers, by hand or using trucks, tractors, or other equipment
- When not making deliveries, this person will be working within the warehouse and assisting Pre-Fabrication department
- Collaborates with project managers and project teams on necessary material for projects and makes prompt deliveries
- Verify inventory computations by comparing them to physical counts of stock, and investigate discrepancies or adjust errors Maintain records, such as vehicle logs, records of cargo, or billing statements, in accordance with regulations.
- Issue or distribute materials, products, parts, and supplies to customers or coworkers, based on information from incoming requisitions.
- Confer with purchasing personnel and vendors regarding stock procurement and availability.
- Compile, review, and maintain data from contracts, purchase orders, requisitions, and other documents to assess supply needs.
- Prepare products, supplies, equipment, or other items for use by adjusting, repairing or assembling them, as
Required Competencies and Skills
- Team player and willing to collaborate
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented
- Working knowledge of electrical construction industry and specific materials/equipment used
- Excellent verbal/oral communication
- Superb driving history and knowledge of transporting goods and materials
- Strong customer service skills and client-focused
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Ability to use Microsoft Office and other technology
- Strong computer skills
- Must be willing to drive between Greensboro/Raleigh/Durham/Charlotte and other locations across the state to deliver materials to job-sites
- Detail oriented and strong organization skills
- 1+ experience in a warehouse environment and/or as a truck driver.
- Clear MVR and background.
- Ability to frequently lift 75lbs and push, pull or move any weight with proper equipment and sit for extended periods of time.
- Willingness to work flexible work hours and schedules.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.