Summer Office Assistant - Recreation Centers
Greensboro - North Carolina (NC), 27405
City of Greensboro, NC
Parks and Recreation Summer Position RecruitmentThe Greensboro Parks and Recreation Department is a dynamic team transforming the way needs are met and services are provided to our residents. We are seeking a talented and enthusiastic individual to serve as a summer office assistant during the 9 week summer day camp program in the community recreation centers. This individual will report to the Center Supervisor and will work closely with the day camp staff, participants, parents and other members of the community.
Responsibilities include monitoring sign in/out procedures, processing payments, distributing program information, record keeping, data entry, and other duties as needed. The selected applicant must possess great communication skills with staff and the general public to ensure the highest level of customer service. Physical requirements of the job include but are not limited to: walking, standing, and sitting for extended times, lifting up to 30lbs and operating assigned equipment as needed.
The job is NON-EXEMPT under FLSA.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- First Aid / CPR / AED Certification (or ability to obtain before camp begins)
- Valid Driver's License and reliable means of transportation
- Prior computer experience using Word and Excel software programs
- Prior customer service experience
An Ideal Candidate Would Also Possess (Preferred Qualifications):
- Prior experience with RecTrac or other Recreation Management Software
Work Schedule: June - August during 9 weeks of summer camp (schedule will vary depending on program needs)