Customer Services Generalists -Position
James City - North Carolina (NC),
Virginia Dept of Motor Vehicles
Estimated salary $29,274 a year
AGENCY EMPLOYEE ONLY!
We are looking for an individual that can deliver excellent customer service solutions in a friendly and knowledgeable manner. Selected applicant(s) will handle customer transactions using multiple PC screens, cash drawer, credit cards, inventory, policies, procedures, and regulations. Administer vision tests with customers; process applications for driver, dealer, motor carrier, vehicle registration and titling, tax collection, IDs, and other DMV related services. Successful applicant(s) will administer road tests in customer’s vehicle. Training will be provided to ensure your success along with a competitive salary, excellent health and retirement benefits, twelve paid holidays per year, deferred compensation, and paid annual and sick leave benefits.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Customer service experience working in a fast paced environment.
- Keyboarding proficiency and use of automated systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with standard business practices.
- Experience working in a Fiscal, Accounting or Cash Handling environment.
- Flexibility to work M-F and Saturday.
- Strong organizational, time management, problem solving and multitasking skills.
- Must have attention to detail, accuracy, and complete assignments on time.
- Experience working in a team or group environment.
- Experience interpreting and explaining policies/procedures or other complex information to customers.
- Can lift 10 – 25 pounds
Must be at least 21 years old and have a valid VA Driver’s License with a driving record that reflects a sense of responsibility for
- Applicants must consent to a fingerprint background check.
- Required to be at least 21 years of age in order to apply for a position that requires performing driver’s license testing.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license with a point balance of less than 6 demerit points and no major convictions.
Applications will be screened based on the information provided in the job duties section of the application (or resume, when applicable). Missing information cannot be assumed.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disability Act. Contact 804-367-9728 for assistance.
Minorities, individuals with disabilities, Veterans, and people with National Service experience are encouraged to apply. EEO/AA/TT
- Unfortunately, because of the high volume of applications we receive, we aren’t able to give status updates, but if you are invited for an interview, you will be contacted directly by the hiring manager.