Marston - North Carolina (NC),
Covia is a leading supplier of minerals and material solutions to the industrial and energy markets. The formation of Covia in 2018 is the most recent of many significant milestones in our shared history. Built from the merging of Fairmount Santrol and Unimin Corporation, Covia’s rich legacy includes many achievements across industries and capital success through partnership. Our ability to deliver the right product, to the right place, at the right time, is unmatched. Just as strong is our commitment to building partnerships that help our customers succeed.
Quality and innovation are at the foundation of Covia; but our real strength is our people. Covia employs a diverse and highly-skilled team of professionals to convert natural minerals into engineered solutions for our customers. Every member of our team has a valuable opportunity to help shape our future and make a positive impact on the world around us through our commitment to the locations where we live and work.
Covia is looking for a dynamic Operator who will have a positive impact on the Operations team at its Marston, NC location. The Operator will operate industrial equipment within the plant, specific to certain processes in accordance with applicable process instruction sheets.
The successful incumbent will have the following Key Accountabilities:
- Ensure safe work operations and enforce safety and health rules.
- Identify, quantify and eliminate process problems and waste through the use of the Continuous Improvement Process using Problem Solving techniques.
- Carry out all duties in accordance with applicable process instruction sheets as well as Plant and Covia Policies and Procedures.
- Depending on the task, ensure all finished products meet or
The successful incumbent will have the following Minimum Qualifications:
- Good English communication skills - written and verbal required
- High School diploma or GED required
- Prefer previous work experience in mining operations
- Demonstrated commitment to safety with previous experience in identifying and managing risks
- Excellent Healthcare Benefits – medical, vision, dental
- 401K with company matching and fixed annual contributions
- Vacation + Paid Holidays
- Disability, Life / AD&D, and Long Term Care Insurances
- Employee Assistance Program
At Covia, we strive for and support a diverse workforce as we firmly believe this lays the foundation of our success. Our compelling culture supports inclusion, individuality and respect within the workplace. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non-work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, or military service or reserve or veteran status.
The organization offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits.
An Equal Opportunity Employer