Intern Tech III
Morrisville - North Carolina (NC),
This opportunity will allow you to gain broad exposure to state-of-the-art commercial wireless technology including the latest generations of wi-fi as well as 5G and 4G cellular communications. In this position, you will be part of the talented engineering team creating the world’s leading test equipment for wireless communications. You will have the opportunity to be mentored by software and hardware engineers in every discipline including FGPA development, signal processing, real-time software development, systems architecture and user interfaces. The position will be limited only by your own talents and may include activities such as MATLAB modeling, integration testing, software design, protocol analysis, RF analysis and quality assurance.
The responsibilities for this position will vary depending on a candidate’s background and knowledge, but will include several of the following:
- Become the expert operating various wireless test equipment used in the solutions being developed by the design
- Work closely in an agile development environment to conceive, design, implement and test advanced commercial wireless features and functions
- Analyze conformance test procedures as defined by wireless standards bodies such as 3GPP and IEEE and help identify key product functionality that is required
- Develop or extend models for specific wireless transmissions using MATLAB
- Using advanced RF and signal analysis test equipment for systems performance characterization and analyzing for improvements
- Developing test infrastructure for automation of development
- Candidate for MSEE preferred
- Strong academic knowledge of Wireless Communications including Protocols, Signal Processing and RF
- Understanding of Linux/Unix environments. Ability to use Linux at the command line is essential.
- Lab or internship experience with wireless test equipment
- Proficiency in scripting languages: Perl, Python or Tcl
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Wifi, 4G LTE and 5G NR technology knowledge a strong plus
- Passionate with a demonstrated ability to learn quickly and work independently
- Very good verbal and written communication skills in the English language
- Expected Duration: minimum of 6+ months
Keysight Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.
Careers Privacy Statement
***Keysight is an Equal Opportunity Employer.***
Keysight Technologies Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.
Candidates can be considered to work from the following locations:
Americas : United States : North Carolina : Morrisville
Job ID : 36220