General Laborer (EVERGREEN)
Raleigh - North Carolina (NC), 27617
About us: Since 1962, Southern Industrial has helped install and maintain the manufacturing and industrial base that has fueled growth across the Southeast
We have grown from a Carolinas-based crane and rigging company into the leading provider of turn-key industrial construction and plant maintenance services in the Southeast.
As part of EMCOR Group, Southern Industrial's ability to serve our customers is enhanced by EMCOR's financial strength and national presence.
Southern Industrial is looking for general laborers for future projects in North and South Carolina. You will be assisting with various duties around the shop and yard.
- Measure distances from grade stakes, drives stakes, and stretches tight line.
- Bolt, nail, align, and block up under forms.
- Level earth to fine grade specifications, using pick and shovel.
- Mix concrete, using portable mixer.
- Smooth and finish freshly poured cement or concrete, using float, trowel, or screed.
- Mop, brush, or spread paints or bituminous compounds over surfaces for protection.
- Spray materials such as water, sand, steam, vinyl, paint, or stucco through hose to clean, coat, or seal surfaces.
- Apply caulking compounds by hand or with caulking gun to seal crevices.
- Grind, sand, or polish surfaces such as concrete or steel, using abrasive tools or machines.
- Perform variety of tasks involving dexterous use of hands and tools such as demolishing buildings, sawing lumber, dismantling forms, removing projections from concrete, mounting pipe
- Repeat tasks of short duration according to a set procedure.
- Detect, recognize and respond to dangerous conditions or situations.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Significant travel may be required.
- Performs other duties as required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled