Raleigh - North Carolina (NC), 27695
North Carolina State University
DELTA’s role within the Office of the Provost is to foster the integration and support of learning technologies in NC State’s academic programs, both on the campus and at a distance. We coordinate the funding and production of all distance-based credit programs and courses for the university, and promote high-quality education by extending the reach of the faculty and collaboratively applying expertise in technology and pedagogy in an efficient, effective, and service-oriented environment
The Administrative Coordinator reports to the Assistant Vice Provost, Business Operations and is responsible for providing reception for the organization, conference room coordination, Lead Leave Coordinator for the WolfTime System and is solely responsible for university timekeeping compliance, hiring and maintaining files for temporary and students hires, administrative support to the Finance and Business Team and other individuals at the discretion of the AVP Business Operations.
Under the direction of the Assistant Vice Provost, Business Operations, the individual is responsible for working collaboratively on the Finance and Business team to support and participate in projects that maintain compliant processes that fall under the Business Office purview. The Finance and Business Team supports the Sr. Vice Provost for Academic Outreach and Entrepreneurship, DELTA, NC State Entrepreneurship Program, McKimmon Center, Wolfpack Investor Network, and REPORTER (business services only).
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Act as a liaison between the department and external groups. Serve as the principal source of information for visitors/guests.
- Day-to-Day WolfTime activities to include error resolution and timekeeping compliance with the University.
- Provides administrative assistance for the Finance and Business team inclusive of the NC State Entrepreneurship Business Officer.
- Student and Temporary staff hiring, file maintenance and time keeping; obtaining I-9 licensing for the Guardian system to monitor completion of all student/temp hires I-9 verification.
- Coordinate and schedule conference room availability inclusive of daily meetings; visitors and meeting logistics (including internal events and offsite meetings); assists with agenda preparation; gathers information; prepares materials; contacts meeting participants.
- Responsible for overall upkeep and presentation of office including lobby area, break rooms and conference rooms as well as keeping adequate quantities of general office supplies on hand.
- Devising and maintaining front office systems
- Wolfpack Wellness Coordinator. Manage DELTA Wolfpack Wellness Program. Responsible for on-going development and coordination of monthly Lunch and Learns sessions and wellness activities; soliciting volunteers, establishing dates on calendar for all attendees, coordinate with volunteer the content of the presentation, create billboard notification based on presentation, send invites to DELTA staff, manage all rsvp’s for the event, send out event reminders and post invites to our Wellness whiteboard.
- Lobby security
- Word processing, Spreadsheet, Database, and Project Management
Considerable knowledge of office techniques; ability to practice effective communication techniques both orally and in writing; ability to analyze, interpret and implement policy and procedural guidelines; and have considerable skills in organizing work flow and coordinating activities. Individual should have the ability and/or experience in analyzing work situations and interpreting program information to explain policies, procedures and program requirements to others, as well as possess the ability to respond to inquiries. Ability to work under pressure and work with demanding deadlines. Position will require an individual who has well-developed interpersonal, communication, coordinating, organizational, and computer skills. Preferred applicant will have experience in utilizing a variety of resources in acquiring and disseminating information, including guidance on the use of software, and will be proficient in utilizing Microsoft Office software programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
Other assigned duties as required
High School Diploma or equivalency and one year of related office experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Attendance & Punctuality: Begins work on time. Keeps absences within guidelines. Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent. Schedules time off in advance.
- Dependability: Responds to requests for service and assistance. Follows instructions, responds to management direction. Takes responsibility for own actions. Commits to doing the best job possible. Keeps commitments. Ability to work under pressure and work with demanding deadlines
- Initiative: Volunteers readily. Undertakes self-development activities. Seeks increased responsibilities. Takes independent actions and calculated risks. Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities. Asks for help when needed.
- Quality: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Displays commitment to excellence. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Applies feedback to improve performance. Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Planning & Organization: Prioritizes and plans work activities. Uses time efficiently. Plans for additional resources. Integrates changes smoothly. Sets goals and objectives. Works in an organized manner. Considerable knowledge of office techniques proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) and Google calendar, docs and email system or similar software.
- Understanding of business and finance policies, procedures, and deadlines.
- Three to Five years of administrative support experience
- Associate’s degree or two year college equivalent
- Excellent communication skills (both written & verbal).
In addition to your application please submit a resume, cover letter, and the contact information for three professional references.
Please make sure that the work history listed on your application is identical to the work history listed on your resume.
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.