Rocky Mount - North Carolina (NC),
Coordinate the movement of freight to customers via carrier/truck network. Perform day-to-day dispatch functions. Communicate operational needs to ensure all freight is picked up & delivered on time. Enter and dispatch all assigned loads timely and correctly as well as noting in the operating system extra charges and fees associated with certain loads as needed. Communicate and work closely with Business Development and Customer Service. Assist in the training and cross training of all associates. Communicate and work closely with Accounting ensuring carrier payment and invoicing is timely and accurate.
- Excellent communications skills. (oral and written)
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Ability to perform in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks
- Willingness to accept additional responsibilities.
- Logistics experience a plus