Human Resources Trainer
Wake County - North Carolina (NC),
State of North Carolina
MAX SALARY AVAILABLE TO BE OFFERED FOR THIS POSITION BASED ON QUALIFICATIONS IS $65,000
This position is responsible for the design, planning, development and implementation of a comprehensive program for management and employee training. This position will deliver HR compliance, management, leadership, performance management, soft skills and HR skills training for all NC Department of Public Instruction employees. This position will design, develop and deliver dynamic computer-based training, instructor-led classroom and virtual training. This position will design a training program with an emphasis on effectiveness, program cost, technology and return on investment. This position will:
- Conduct training needs assessments, analysis, and evaluation to design training that supports the needs and mission of the organization and measure the disparity between current and desired performance skill levels.
- Identify gaps to proactively offer solutions and recommend training to create learning experiences that equip employees to excel in their work environments.
- Create dynamic learning content using various forms of design principles and delivery including: instructor-led, classroom based, virtual classroom, web-based, and e-learning
- Facilitate focus group discussions and training on complex subject matters.
- Serve as the NC Valuing Individual Performance (NCVIP) Administrator and the Learning Management System Administrator.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training materials and programs.
- Evaluate and provide oversight of the on-boarding and off-boarding programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT AN APPLICATION THAT CLEARLY REFLECTS WORK EXPERIENCE DEMONSTRATING THE FOLLOWING:
- Considerable knowledge of techniques and methods of conducting formal and informal training programs for adult learners.
- Ability to adapt and communicate information to a wide range of audiences and situations.
- Ability to analyze management and employee needs and resources and recommend solutions.
- Ability to be a strategic business partner with management and think globally and objectively
- Ability to function independently as a consultant
- Superior written and verbal presentation skills to effectively communicate information to a wide range of audiences
- Strong experience and knowledge in instructional systems design (ISD) techniques, adult learning theories, and web-based development tools
- Experience in writing, teaching/training, and curriculum and course development.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships and to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in assessing training needs in evaluating training program effectiveness to enhance existing and to develop new learning programs.
- Demonstrated ability to engage in new technology with ease.
- Working knowledge of a Performance Management System and a Learning Management System.
- Valid NC Driver's License. Out of State Applicants must have valid Driver's License and acquire NC Driver's License within 60 days of hire.
Bachelor's degree from an appropriately accredited institution and three years of experience in a progressive training or teaching role; must include experience in organizing training events, assessing needs, counseling and evaluating sessions; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.