Transportation Driver - Assisted Living
Wilmington - North Carolina (NC), 28411
The Davis Community
The transportation driver is responsible for coordinating resident medical appointments and driving residents to these scheduled appointments. Works with all aspects of medical appointments for residents of the facility including scheduling of the appointments, ensuring appropriate paperwork for medical appointment is ready, driving residents to the appointment and communication regarding appointments with all necessary parties. The transportation driver will drive residents to planned outings when needed and available.
MAJOR WORK ACTIVITIES:
1. Coordinates with nursing staff, physicians office, other providers, and residents responsible party as needed to ensure all appointments are made as directed by the resident/family, physician, and facility clinical team.
2. Schedules appointments with outside medical sources in an efficient manner.
3. Ensure appropriate paperwork for medical appointment is ready at time of transport.
4. Communicates appointments with appropriate staff, the resident, and the residents responsible party.
5. Assist resident with transferring in and out of vehicle when needed with appropriate body mechanics being used. To be able to lift the residents assisted devices into the vehicle.
6. Be able to stay with those residents that are not to be left alone during the appointment.
7. Ensure resident arrives and is picked up from appointment in a timely manner.
8. Ensures that any new physician orders are given to the clinical team immediately.
9. Assist activity staff during off-campus activities, including pushing wheelchairs and assisting in monitoring of residents.
10. Be familiar with safety and emergency equipment in facility vehicles, both in understanding and use of equipment.
11. Ensures that the vehicle is clean and attractive at all times.
12. Demonstrate professional behavior when dealing with difficult communications with various parties.
13. Ensure all necessary
14. Performs specific work duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Use of lift van, pick-up truck, bus, cars, wheelchairs and cellular telephone for coordinating transportation.
Work in all types of weather (i.e. cold, hot, wet, dry) in comfortable setting in presentable attire.
Able to control all situations from sick residents to heavy traffic.
Knowledge of safe driving skills and capable of making responsible decisions relating to transporting residents.
Able to drive and use lift van and lift buses.
Physically capable of lifting and pushing 20 to 100 pounds 70% of daily time.
Moderate exposure to infectious disease.
May be subject to noisy, hot or cold, humid and busy environment.
Exposure to some noise and stress.
Knowledge of first aid and CPR.
Sufficiently mobile to push wheelchairs, carts and equipment.
Experience in the use of patient/resident care equipment.
Communicate via telephone and other automation vehicles.
In an emergency, is expected to respond and includes the possibility of evacuation of residents.
Ability to evaluate and appropriately respond to verbal and nonverbal communication from residents diverse stages of development, i.e. adults and geriatrics.
Physical job demands may be subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Education: High School Diploma/GED
Licensure/ Certification:NC State Class C with Passenger Endorsement Drivers License preferred. Must to obtain CDL within 9 months of employment. CNA preferred.
Experience:At least 4 years of safe, on-road/city driving;
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.