BioPharmaceutical Account Manager - Neurology - Winston-Sale...
Winston-Salem - North Carolina (NC),
Territory: Winston-Salem, NC
Target city for territory is Winston Salem, NC - will consider candidates who live within 40 miles of territory boundaries with access to a major airport. Territory boundaries include: New Castle, Hickory, Spencer and Blountville.
At Lundbeck, we are tirelessly dedicated to restoring brain health so every person can be their best. Lundbeck is the only global pharmaceutical company focused solely on brain diseases. Our legacy in neuroscience goes back seven decades and we have a long heritage of innovation. Lundbeck has developed and commercialized some of the world’s most widely prescribed therapies for psychiatric and neurological disorders. Today, we remain uncompromisingly committed to improving the quality of life for people impacted by brain disorders. Lundbeck is unique from other biopharmaceutical companies in that we are 70 percent owned by a research-focused foundation. We have a deep and productive pipeline, and continue to bring forward symptomatic therapies to help people live better lives, while simultaneously pursuing disease-modifying treatments.
As a BioPharmaceutical Account Manager, you will act as the primary customer contact for demand creation by providing comprehensive clinical knowledge and executing sales and marketing strategies in the local market. Strong Account Manager candidates must demonstrate the ability to drive strong sales performance, as well as partner with a field-based team to deploy approved services necessary to meet the needs of each account/customer.
Specifically, the BioPharmaceutical Account Manager will demonstrate ability in the following areas:
Critical Thinking - Ability to understand a situation, issue, or problem by breaking it into smaller components. Ability to collect information, derive inferences, find solutions and make informed decisions and recommendations using data and tools where appropriate
Business Planning and Execution - Ability to prioritize opportunities, develops strategy & tactics, allocates resources, monitors progress and adjusts direction to maximize sales performance and measure progress against plan. Uses monthly budget to maximize profitability and return on investment.
Selling - Understand the core selling process, adapt style, and effectively negotiate to bring value to the customer and close the sale. Utilizes relevant resources to advance the call and address customer concerns; demonstrates value by credibly sharing relevant information based on provider interest
Reimbursement - Consistently demonstrates the ability to stay informed on reimbursement dynamics, anticipates and communicates impact on product portfolio to key internal and external partners and effectively addresses payer access issues (Medicare, Medicaid, Commercial) using Lundbeck resources. Tailors messages appropriately for each customer’s payer landscape.
Pharmaceutical Environment/Compliance- Ability to apply knowledge of pharmaceutical and regulatory environment, including Lundbeck policies and procedures and FDA regulations regarding the promotion of pharmaceutical and medical products. Ability to apply knowledge of overall healthcare economy and industry practices. Accountability and adherence to corporate, FDA, and PDMA guidelines
Customer Development - Build and maintain productive internal and external relationships (e.g., customers, account contacts, stakeholders and influencers, etc.) based on customer needs and organizational goals.
Therapeutic Area Knowledge - Ability to apply therapeutic area knowledge to the sale of Lundbeck products and/or to increase effectiveness in role.
Local Market Expertise - Ability to collaborate with internal and external partners to gather and validate key trends and dynamics in the market, map account linkages, including stakeholders who exhibit direct and indirect influence on customer behavior. Utilize market knowledge to uncover and prioritize unique opportunities that will allow for mutual value between Lundbeck and our customers.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS:
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Sciences degree from an accredited college or university
- 5+ years of Specialty Sales experience in Pharmaceutical, Biopharmaceutical or Medical Device
- Experience in both the medical or specialty pharmacy benefit market with a strong level of understanding of pricing, government payers, and specialty pharmaceutical markets
- Proven track record of consistent sales performance
- Account management experience, ownership and accountability for the development and execution of a fully integrated account plan
- Must be computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office software
- Must live within 40 miles of territory boundaries
- Valid driver’s license with a safe driving record that meets company requirements
- Willingness/Ability to travel up to 50%
- Meeting and complying with reasonable industry-standard credentialing requirements of healthcare providers / customer facilities is required for continued employment with Lundbeck
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Injectable/infusion sales experience within a buy & bill environment or other comparable reimbursement experiences
- Migraine experience highly preferred
- Experience in neurology and/or pain management
- Previous success in navigating complex integrated health systems (Clinics and hospitals)
- Product launch or expansion experience, particularly in a new therapeutic class
- Ability to incorporate the “total office” selling approach/account management
- Strong business analytical skills (business/ financial acumen)
- Master's degree in business, marketing or related field
- Willingness/Ability to travel up to 50% domestically to (a) regularly meet/interact with customer base and internal personnel within assigned territory; and (b) typically attend 4-8 internal/external conferences and meetings spanning locations within the United States. Travel must be able to be completed in a timely manner.
Lundbeck is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law, rule, or regulation. Lundbeck participates in E-Verify.