Cashier, Chick-fil-A, Food
Winston-Salem - North Carolina (NC), 27103
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
Cashier - Chic-fil-A, Food & Nutrition Services Department - Winston Salem, NC
Part-time - 20 hours/week - Rotating Shifts
Job Summary: This position interacts with customers, rings transactions on cash registers, accepts payment from customers, maintains security of cash drawer, reconciles cash and bank deposit with Team Leader, and maintains sanitation of cash register area in accordance with established policy. Duties also include assisting the department in other areas.
- High school enrollment, diplomas or equivalent with food service or customer service experience preferred.
Licensure, Certification and/or Registration:
- Adheres to the hospital and departmental policies and procedures promoting a cooperative work environment.
- Demonstrates a personal responsibility and commitment to customer service and satisfaction by utilizing communication skills to interact with patients, customers, and staff to develop interpersonal relationships and team building.
- Contributes to overall positive patient and customer satisfaction striving to meet the highest service and quality standards.
- Maintains a 97% or better sanitation rating from the Health Department by following sanitation policies and completing daily/weekly cleaning assignments.
- Maintains a double gold rating from NSF.
- Ensures that Sodexo standards are being consistently met.
- Department maintains a minimum average Gold Check score or silver.
- Follows all workplace safety and sanitation rules and regulations helping to maintain a safe work environment.
- Completes required in-service training, job specific training, annual Compliance and HIPAA training and annual TJC/OSHA training.
- Participates in department's performance improvement initiatives.
- Duties are performed accurately and efficiently.
- Works as a team player; provides support to other Food and Nutrition Services departments as requested by management.
- Minimizes product waster and controls cost.
- All equipment and supplies are properly utilized, maintained, and handled properly to avoid breakage. Follows portion control guidelines and manages food and supplies.
- Follows all cash handling policies and procedures.
- Compliant with cash variance policy.
- Identifies portion control issues with management.
- Assures preparations including cash register areas, menu board, and
Skills & Qualifications:
- Must be literate in English, have basic math and computer skills, and able to follow detailed instructions.
- Knowledge of food service equipment, preparation, service and safety.
- Must be able to work independently and efficiently, taking necessary initiative to solve problems.
- Ability to adjust to the needs of the department.
- Desire to achieve high customer service standards.
- Must be comfortable entering patient rooms and interacting with them.
- Must be able to learn and comply with cash register system and procedures.
- Ability to work weekends and holidays.
- Ability to communicate with a wide variety of people including patients, visitors, employees, nursing staff, managers and hospital staff.
- May be required to work in all areas of the Food and Nutrition Services departments including but not limited to kitchen and retail areas.
- Exposure to wet tile floors and dangerous, sharp equipment.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-6464. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at [email protected]
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.