Automation Technician, Apprentice Program, US – 2020
Zebulon - North Carolina (NC), 27597
Exciting minds with our Automation Technician Apprenticeship
- Must have earned a high school diploma or equivalency diploma by June 2020.
- High school GPA 2.5 (“B”) or above (4.0 scale)
- High school Algebra and Geometry or 2 units equivalent of academic math (GPA 2.5 or above in each case)
- High school English (GPA 2.5 or above)
- College enrolled students with 30 credits or less are eligible
Language requirement: Written and spoken fluency in English
Start date: August 2020
Assessment center date (anticipated): May 2020
- Have studied High School Physics
- Have studied engineering, technology, robotics, or shop
- Less than 2-years’ experience in pharmaceutical or FDA interfacing industry (intern or shadowing opportunity)
- Less than 2-years’ experience in engineering or technical role (including intern or shadowing opportunity)
- Less than 2-years’ experience in manufacturing or production (including intern or shadowing opportunity
- Candidate must be eligible to work in the US permanently and will not need future visa sponsorship
- Must be 18 years of age by the 1st of August 2020
- Less than 2 years of related work experience since graduating from high school
- If offered a position the candidate must be willing to enroll, and meet entry requirements, with one of GSK's partnering community colleges or technical institutions, in the preferred related instruction course.
- Must be able to commute on a daily basis to GSK worksite and related instruction facility
Application deadline: We recommend you apply as soon as possible, because we accept ongoing applications and offer positions on a first come, first served basis.
Want to solve some of the world’s biggest health challenges?
With over 300 years of innovation, we’re a science-led global healthcare company that delivers billions of innovative products each year. Join us and help millions of people do more, feel better, live longer.
Achieve your career goals on our apprentice program
We’re looking for Apprentices in Automation, a field of engineering that encompasses robotics, electronics, mechanics and control engineering.
Are you a technical minded, recent high school graduate with ambition to develop the know-how to design and maintain systems we need to make treatments that save lives? If so, the GSK Apprentice Program could be for you.
This entry-level, development opportunity offers you the chance to study towards nationally recognized qualifications while gaining hands-on, paid work experience. Our apprentices attend college part-time studying theory elements of the apprenticeship while working at a GSK Manufacturing facility. Automation Technician apprentices at Zebulon will be studying towards an Associate’s Degree in Electronic Engineering Technology at Wake Tech Community College. Over the 4 years in the Program, you will build technical and leadership skills through rotations across various GSK site engineering teams. Your rotations may include time in manufacturing, packaging, maintenance and utilities.
What will you do?
As an Automation Apprentice, you may get involved in the following activities:
- Develop mechanical, electrical, control and instrumentation skills
- Learn how to maintain production equipment
- Carry out routine maintenance
- Diagnose and resolve breakdowns
- Help design, install and test new equipment
You’ll be excited by the thought of:
- building technical skills through a tailored entry-level development program, working with industry professionals
- earning an Associate’s degree at GSK’s partnering community college with the potential to go on to further study. GSK will pay for the apprentice's tuition costs for company approved courses related to the Associate's degree
- receiving an industry-recognized “Certificate of Completion” training credential from the U.S. Department of Labor upon completion of GSK’s Apprentice Program - a portable certificate of competency
- connecting with apprentices across the US and the world
- being part of an inclusive organization that fosters individual empowerment and builds trust
- taking part in projects and prioritizing tasks
- building an understanding of state-of-the-art technologies
- developing skills in an industry that’s making innovative changes to the way it develops and manufactures products
- A competitive base salary
- Fully-funded college tuition and paid expenses for Associate’s Degree
- An annual bonus based on company performance
- Access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs, which reward exceptional achievements
- A performance and development program
Get to grips with our recruitment process
Watch the video in the banner at the top of this page and you’ll find tips on our website - https://us.gsk.com/en-us/careers/apprentices-students-and-graduates/apprenticeships/application-tips-and-process/
We recommend you apply as soon as possible, because we accept ongoing applications and offer positions on a first come, first served basis.
We’re 100% open to all talent
We’re 100% open to all talent – whatever your gender, marital status, religion, age, colour, race, sexual orientation, nationality or disability. We want to recruit the right people for GSK from the widest possible backgrounds, so we can better serve the diversity of our patients and consumers. And also because it’s the right thing to do.
Need help with your application?
Please email us at [email protected] and let us know how we can help you. Or email us your number and we’ll call you back. We’ll make all reasonable modifications to support you throughout the recruitment process and we’ll treat all information you give us in confidence. Please get in touch to help us process your application as soon as possible.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.