Osgood Assistant Professional
Fargo - North Dakota (ND), 58104
Fargo Park District
Estimated salary $14 an hour
Ready to make a career out of a sport you love and be part of the best player development programs in the area, we want you on our team! We've already done the hard work of creating exceptional programs and building a huge client base, we need an Assistant to help teach the many private and group lessons we've already set-up. Excellent opportunity to develop a career-long following.
Osgood Golf Course is hiring an Assistant Golf Professional -PGA Membership Track with extensive teaching opportunities.
This position is a PGA Membership Track position, meaning that candidates should be familiar with the PGA Apprentice and Membership program and intend to start the PGA program when starting employment. For more information on the PGA Program, please visit the PGA website (link below).
Head Professional and PGA Master Professional, Lisa Schwinden has created an extensive lesson program for all ages and abilities. Applicant must be familiar with the existing programs and be eager to teach a variety of lessons. Please see GolfWithLisa.com for information.
Previous apprentice taught 200+ private lessons, ran a variety of programs and leagues and completed the PGA Membership Program. Lesson programs and private lesson client base has already been set and applicant would be expected to step in and teach private lessons primarily to junior and female golfers. Applicant must be willing to adjust teaching style to student needs and to work closely with PGA Certified Professional, Lisa Schwinden to ensure consistent teaching fundamentals.
Applicant is paid pro shop hours through the Fargo Park District. Lesson rates are negotiable and paid by customers. Pro Shop hours can be evenings, weekends
Positions ends in mid-October.
- Assist with golfer check-in and fee collection; control and manage play
- Assist with all opening and closing procedures
- Assist in managing facility tournament operations including weekly events
- Conduct individual lessons and group clinics
- Assist with men’s, women’s, and junior golf events and programs
- Assist with management of outside service staff to ensure the highest quality of customer service is achieved
- Assist in the inventory control of hard goods, soft goods, and special orders including: ordering procedures, receiving procedures, inputting into point of sale, pricing procedures, display, and sales
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner and maintain a professional image at all times
- Work closely with other staff members to ensure operations are running smoothly
- Responsible for coordination and implementation of the weekly, Sunday League, a 2-person event
- Able to offer exceptional customer service in a high-paced environment
- Able to work long hours including 30-39 hours per week in the Pro Shop and 10-30 hours per week on the lesson tee
- Be highly organized including managing Pro Shop operations and lesson schedules
- Able to make the Pro Shop, golf course and lesson tee welcoming for players of all abilities
Minimum Age Requirement
Individuals must be 18 years of age.
From: Fargo Park District