Compressed Air Service Technician
Mandan - North Dakota (ND),
Dakota Fluid Power
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:The primary responsibilities of the Compressed Air Service Technician are to perform and assist in the analysis, maintenance, and repair of compressed air systems, components, and piping; includes, compressors, blowers, dryers, drain management, piping systems, as well as all other associated pneumatic components. Provide positive and effective interaction with all Dakota Fluid Power customers.
- Coordinate efforts of DFP Sales and Service team to provide diagnostic, maintenance, repair and technical support for all electrical, mechanical and compressed air applications.
- Perform compressed air systems analysis and make suggestions for upgrades.
- Service and repair for on-road & off-road equipment and fluid power and industrial compressed air systems as needed.
- Knowledgeable of supplier & DFP forms, documents and procedures as used in maintaining accurate repair documentation and for all service work to be performed.
- Commit and uphold the Dakota Fluid Power safety commitment in all actions and communications as it applies in our safety handbook and procedures.
- Assist in product and technical training for DFP customers and personnel on compressed air products.
- Attend the required training programs on products, factory sponsored sales/service training, service, self-development and safety training offered through DFP.
- Answer all customer inquiries quickly and accurately in a positive manner.
- Collaborate with sales to meet customer expectations; including joint visits,
while meeting corporate objectives and customer service expectations.
Assist in achieving productivity and sales goals.
Maintain a minimum working knowledge of the standard products to a level that enables one to respond to an initial sales inquiry.
Communicate with service manager for needs on tools, equipment and inventory.
Ability to work overtime, travel and work an occasional on-call shift.
Capable of multitasking and managing multiple projects at once.
Maintain a clean work area for safety and to expedite project completion.
Work with other to create a friendly, inviting and positive team environment.
Any other duties assigned by Senior Management.
SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS:Knowledge of Troubleshooting, Repair, and Installation of Compressed Air and/or Pneumatic Systems, Components and Compressed Air Electronic Systems; Ability to Read & Understand Electrical/Mechanical Drawings and Schematics; Strongly Motivated to stay Updated with Latest in Compressed Air Concepts; Excellent Analytical and Computational Skills; Proven Multitasking Skills and can Work under Extreme Pressure; Superior Customer Service; Strong Motivation and Ability to Work Independently; High Level of Integrity and Ethical Values; Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills (written & verbal); Strong Computer Skills for Record Keeping; Clean Driving Record; Ability to lift up to 75 lbs. on a regular basis; Consistently use Arms & Legs with Full-Range of Motion; Frequent Stooping, Bending, Squatting & Kneeling; Exert Push & Pull Forces.