Chandler - Oklahoma (OK), 74834
EZ GO Stores
Job Title – Assistant Manager
Department – Operations
Reports To – Store Manager
FLSA Status - Non-exempt
The Assistant Manager has the responsibility for assisting the store manager with day-to-day store operations. The Assistant Manager is responsible for managing the store in the Store Manager’s absence. The primary mission of the assistant manager is to the serve the customers and make sure that their needs are met.
- See that each customer receives outstanding customer service by providing a customer friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of customer service.
- Promote and monitor quality service among staff through training and by acting as a positive role model.
- Be personally available to all customers to communicate and identify their needs and address their questions or concerns.
- Maintain all merchandising standards, display presentation, signing standards and monitor inventory levels.
- Maintain a clean and well-organized back room.
- Stock shelves and maintain current shelf labels.
- Ensure all shift duties are complete i.e., cashier, clean, mop.
- Maintain adherence to company mission and all policies and procedures.
- Follow all company safety and security policies.
- Ability to process information/merchandise through back office and POS/registers, as well as operate all equipment necessary to run a store.
- Ability to communicate with team members and customers.
- Conduct weekly inventory audits.
- Communicate with Store Manager daily, including written and verbal communication on all store related matters.
Leadership and Training
- Train, develop and communicate with all staff as well as assess performance on a regular basis.
- Plan and assign daily goals, tasks and assignments. Assure proper completion through follow-up.
- Represent the company positively with all employees, vendors, and customers.
- Ensure that each person is contributing to the productivity of the store.
- Ensure that the store is free of any kind of discrimination
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED). Previous customer service experience desired.
- Read, write, and understand the English language at the high school level.
- Speak and understand English, be able to hear the spoken word.
- Perform mathematical calculations in order to make change, complete shift reports and verify totals of a variety of products on a vendor invoice.
- Experience in retail environment.
- Demonstrated ability to build effective teams and motivate employees.
- Strong initiative and leadership skills.
- Understanding of basic retail concepts (gross margins, markdowns).
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to set and maintain high standards of performance.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Able to safely lift boxes up to 45 pounds, carrying cases of milk cartons or other drink containers.
- Lift 10 pounds of ice and dump it into a dispenser six feet off the ground.
- React to fire by lifting a fire extinguisher weighing 25 pounds.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Bend in order to lift a metal plate weighting 10 pounds and place a measuring stick in an underground storage tank.
- Enter and work in a walk-in cooler at a temperature of 35 degrees for up to 30 minutes at a time.
- Ability to freely access all areas of the store including selling floor, stock, outside, and register areas.