Oklahoma City - Oklahoma (OK),
The Business and Finance Group’s Technology Consultant is responsible for overseeing delivery at multiple clients, managing engagements, and ensuring client satisfaction with a focus on technology solutions, advanced analytics and emerging technologies. The successful Technology Consultant accomplishes this through a respectful, constructive and energetic style, guided by the objectives of Jacobs.
- Primarily working on one of our strategic projects for water and wastewater utilities to enable the successful delivery of their services.
- Provide technical expertise, architecture and design solutions for complex, business critical systems solutions
- Perform systems/problem analysis associated with applications deployment workloads encompassing on-going production support
- Organize and lead technical efforts associated with application development requests representing complex, business critical projects.
- Consistently and effectively direct and communicate project status, schedules and risk assessments;
- Provide appropriate staff mentoring and guidance to foster a strong team atmosphere with an eye to customer service;
- Conduct regular project meetings to provide on-going visibility on status, schedules, and issues;
- Support clients and consultants to ensure delivery quality and professional growth in a variety of exciting industries.
- Ensure quality delivery across the technology practice leveraging delivery standards and best practices
- Focus on delivering technology solutions and advanced analytics programs to clients across a number of industries, including water and wastewater, local government and private utilities
- Engage in pre-sales activities with sales and business teams to frame technology solutions, estimate work, and staff resources
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Technical Systems Analysis and Design
- Provides design and technical consulting expertise for complex, high-impact projects.
- Factor current business operations and future business objectives into technical architecture and design.
- Facilitate design walkthroughs with IT and business staff to validate solutions against business requirements and IT architecture.
- Facilitate design reviews with business unit management to gain approval.
- May lead software evaluation projects to match requirements with software architecture / standards, providing technical leadership for alternatives analysis and recommendations, including buy-vs.-build decisions.
- May set technical direction for application environments and tools.
- Participates in enterprise-wide architecture activities and work groups.
Systems Design and Implementation
- Develop program specifications and construct/modify code to meet business needs.
- Follow development standards and technical guidelines as stipulated by department standards and procedures.
- Perform unit testing and document results according to System Development Methodology guidelines to ensure modifications/functions meet desired results.
- Support testing associated with cross-functional project team efforts as dictated by project assignment.
- Organizes activities and provides work guidance to less experienced employees.
Production Support and Problem Solving
- Independently analyze and resolve large, complex, high-risk, [production] problems, assessing alternatives as appropriate and implementing long-term solutions.
- Successful performance includes demonstrated ownership and timely responses to production problems and business unit inquiries.
- Produce appropriate documentation and notifications for changes to production systems or fixes to production problems. Notifications include team members, production control and affected business units.
- Conduct post-implementation reviews, generate problem reports and provide appropriate feedback to business units concerning production implementation efforts.
- Manage and direct multiple project efforts as assigned.
- Lead System Development Methodology guidelines to manage and execute project activities.
- Provide leadership and direction to matrixed project employees.
- Develop and maintain detailed project plans using standard tools and conventions.
- Monitor and communicate project status and schedules to appropriate levels of business and IT management.
- Manage and resolve project issues.
- Directly accountable for representing systems to business unit customers, spanning all levels of assigned business areas.
- Strong communication/consulting skills required for interviewing and documenting thorough sets of requirements associated with requested systems capabilities.
- Initiate a personal training and plan, continue acquiring skills and knowledge, and pursue an understanding of the organization’s business plans and strategies.
- Keep pace with emerging technologies to meet the demands and needs of the business.
- Bachelors of Science degree required in a technical or business discipline, or equivalent related work experience in lieu of a degree, required
- Minimum 5-8 years of IT project management experience is expected in the water and wastewater industry required
- The candidate should understand agile methodology and be able to identify business and technical impacts of user requirements
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage technical teams from intake to implementation, preferably with experience in both small and large-scale complex projects with a focus on delivery standards and best practices of packaged and/or custom technology solutions
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with ability to explain solutions, provide alternatives, escalate as needed, and have difficult conversations at executive levels
- Experience with proposal and statement of work creation, including project estimation
- Demonstrates expertise in industry best practices and delivery excellence
- Ability to manage client expectations, identify risks and recommend mitigation approaches, and manage issues with effective outcomes
- Expert in standard Project Management activities: creating and managing to a project plan, managing resources, scope, schedule, and budget, and status reporting
- Extensive knowledge of application development methodologies, tool sets, and technologies
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with other IT professionals, vendors, consultants, and business customers
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate technical evaluation of complex design solutions
- A team player exhibiting effective inter-personal skills and a collaborative style
- Understanding and demonstration of project management techniques
- Possess broad business knowledge with a focused perspective on business functions
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language .