Accounts Receivable/Credit Specialist
Clackamas - Oregon (OR), 97015
Toyota Lift Northwest
Toyota Lift NW is a team of engaged dedicated employees who are the best of the best. We hold ourselves to the highest standards in everything we do. We don’t stop at “doing just enough” and pursue complete Customer Euphoria. We conduct business in the highest ethical manner and will not know ‘Status Quo.' We build and maintain the best relationships with our co-workers, leaders, and customers. Being a part of the Toyota Lift NW family means your support and dedication is relentless, abiding by an uncompromising code of integrity and transparency, and you take full responsibility for your actions as an individual.
You’re committed to Toyota’s 5S model: Seiri (Sort – separate essential from non-essential), Seiton (Straighten or simplify – a place for everything and everything in its place), Seiso (Shine or sweep – keep things clean and in good working order), Seiketsu (Standardize – set the 5s standard and sustain), Shitsuke (Self Discipline – advance the 5s standard).
Never ceasing pursuit of being both an Employer and Business Partner of choice!
The Accounts Receivable/Credit Specialist will be proactive and take ownership of customer Accounts Receivable, Credit Accounts and Collections. This person will participate actively in ensuring the company’s assets are properly accounted for, protected from risk and collected in a timely manner.
Job requirements may include the following where applicable:
- Monitor accounts receivable aging and follow up with customers
- Coordinate resolution of customer disputes with various departments, from first notice of dispute to final resolution
- Reconcile customer accounts and review for accuracy, working to resolve any discrepancies with the customer and/or various departments
- Review customer credit applications for creditworthiness, including review of Experian reports and NACM resources
- Recommend approval or denial of credit to the Supervisor/Controller
- Actively participate and provide accurate information for industry group meetings and correspondence with NACM
- Provide timely and accurate status updates and reports to management on a regular basis
- Act as a back-up to receptionist by answering phones during break periods or absence, applying customer deposits to customer accounts timely, maintain accurate cash receipt postings, as well as filing and record retention
- Other duties as requested
Required Skills /Qualifications:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Prior experience using computer applications, particularly MS Excel, MS Word and MS Access
- Strong communication, both written and oral
- Detail oriented with strong time management and organization abilities
- 1 – 3 years previous Credit and/or Collections experience (required)
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Accounts Receivable/Credit Specialist to successfully perform the essential functions of this job; reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. May require sitting for long periods of time working in front of the computer, physically lifting and moving up to 30lbs. (on occasion), walk on concrete floors with the ability to use full range body motion for climbing, pushing, lifting, and reaching.
Complete employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening (required)
Shifts: M – F 8am to 5pm (flexible)
Reports to: Accounting Supervisor
Position Class: Non-Exempt/Hourly
Position Location: Clackamas, OR
Toyota Lift NW is an equal opportunity employer and our policy is to maintain employment practices that conform to the intent and letter of the laws regarding equal employment opportunity. TLNW is committed to affording equal employment opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran or military status, marital status, sexual preference, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local laws or regulations. This commitment applies to all phases of the recruitment process including hiring, selection, promotions, transfers, demotions, compensation, benefits, or training. TLNW will endeavor to make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities, unless doing so would result in an undue business hardship or a direct threat to the health or safety of any individual.
Job Type: Full-time
- United States (Preferred)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Monday to Friday