Operations Coordinator - Facilities
Hillsboro - Oregon (OR),
Clean Water Services
The Utility Operations & Services Department is seeking an Operations Coordinator - Facilities. This position plans, develops, evaluates and implements the maintenance program for assigned District facilities. It also selects, coordinates, and reviews building maintenance, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC), fire systems, security, plumbing and janitorial work performed by District personnel and contractors. This position serves as the District liaison for outside contractors and oversees work that is performed.
(The essential functions listed below are not intended to reflect all duties that may be assigned to this classification. The District may augment duties and/or essential functions at its discretion. Additionally, some incumbents may not perform all Essential Functions.)
1. Maintain District life safety and security equipment. Perform inspection, testing, maintenance and repair of building fire detection, extinguishers, sprinklers and notification equipment, along with emergency eye wash and safety showers, elevators and chair lifts, manual and automatic overhead doors and gates.
2. Perform maintenance and repair to man-doors, locks and door hardware and security systems. Install and maintain signage and piping color code labeling for air, water, chemical and process piping to meet District standards. Maintain necessary Safety Data Sheets (SDS) to ensure Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) compliance when a new chemical product is brought into a facility.
3. Perform maintenance on all aspects of the structures interior and exterior of assigned facilities, including inspection and repairs. Ensure tools and resources are available to accomplish work plans. Monitor expenditures, operational accomplishments and propose recommendations to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
4. Assist with the coordination of facility remodeling, modifications and changes to ensure District needs are met in a timely manner. Evaluate facility needs and provide design and construction input for recommended changes. Research and recommend alternative solutions as needed.
5. Select, coordinate and track vendors, consultants and contractors providing maintenance and construction services to assigned District buildings, structures and facilities. Review design drawings, set scope of work and provide project support. Oversee and inspect all work performed. Monitor expenditures and coordinate final payment.
6. Manage and schedule all District facility preventative maintenance requests and work orders using the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS). Coordinate materials, supplies and tools needed to complete the work using the District's procurement system.
7. Communicate with vendors and District staff to ensure completion of planned maintenance. Assist with resolving technical problems and complaints and escalate as needed.
8. Assist with the development and implementation of policies and procedures related to the District's maintenance program.
- Buildings, structures, and facilities design, construction, maintenance and repair practices
- Fire systems, elevators,
- Planning, organizing, directing and reviewing the work of skilled personnel and contractors
- Training, interpreting and explaining repair and maintenance policies and procedures
- Operation of various maintenance tools and equipment, hand, and power tool
- Reading blueprints
- Basic carpentry
- Painting preparation and execution
- Construction inspection
- Use of manual and power hand tools for building repairs
- Use of hand operated cleaning tools
- Mixing cleaning chemicals
- Drywall and tile setting
- Use of computers and computer software
- Understand and follow oral and written directions
- Provide accurate documentation of work performed
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Operate effectively in a team environment
- Communicate clearly and concisely
- Understand and interpret pertinent policies, procedures, laws, and regulations related to the program area
- Plan and coordinate personnel to achieve program requirements and objectives within established timelines and budget requirements
- Negotiate with contractors regarding the scope and cost of services and administer contracts
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING GUIDELINES:
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledges, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the KSAs would be:
Responsible experience in building and/or facilities maintenance.
Education, training or experience in facilities maintenance, construction management, HVAC systems, engineering or related field.
CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
Upon selection, candidates must possess a valid State issued driver's license.
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation in order to participate in any phase of the application process should contact Human Resources at 503.681.3600 or TDD 503.681.3601.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Clean Water Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, national origin, marital status, age, uniformed service, sexual orientation or disability in the admission or access to the recruitment process or any aspect of employment.