Human Resources Supervisor
Portland - Oregon (OR), 97210
CertainTeed / Saint-Gobain
CertainTeed Roofing is looking for a Human Resources Supervisor to provide leadership and direction for HR activities within the Portland, OR plant. The HR Supervisor will drive HR practices to achieve the overall business goals. The role will have direct related responsibility in each of the following areas: Staffing, Employee Relations, Labor Relations, Wage and Salary Administration, Safety, Compliance and Training in accordance with company policies, programs, and procedures, as well as federal, state and local laws and regulations. The Portland site employs both union and non-union staff with a work force of over 74 employees.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals.
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Administration of new hire orientation process and maintains employee records.
- Coordinate training plans to enhance employee skills using a needs analysis, and oversee a formalized succession format to ensure plant’s future by focusing on developing and maintaining a competent, professional work force.
- Coach and counsel site leadership team.
- Investigation and resolution of employee relations problems, anticipate problems whenever possible, and develop, recommend, and initiate appropriate steps for resolution.
- Supports recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, interns, college graduates and temporary employees; conducts new-employee orientations; and writes and places advertisements.
- Conducts exit interviews, analyzes data and makes recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Support the focus on behavior-based safety with development programs and employee engagement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human resources or related field.
- 5-7 years of hands-on work experience in HR, manufacturing environment preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in a union environment preferred.
- Must have strong communication skills and the ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization, providing coaching and mentorship.
- Proficiency in computer skills including Microsoft Office.
Job Type: Full-time
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement