Scheduling Specialist I
Danville - Pennsylvania (PA),
Job SummaryAnswer incoming calls and make outgoing calls with the intent of scheduling patients, ensuring a match of physician-specific scheduling guidelines with patient appointment preferences. Collects and maintains accurate, basic patient information relating to registration and insurance. Answers all non-scheduling related questions and directs non-scheduling calls to the appropriate department.
- Hours: 10:30a-7p
- Completes all appointment scheduling, cancellation and confirmation requests by matching patient preferences with documented, physician or diagnostic specific scheduling guidelines to provide the first available appointment in conjunction with patient preferences for time, date and location of each appointment.
- Coordinates and completes accurate basic registration, demographic and insurance information to ensure timely and accurate payment for services while scheduling appointments.
- Provides one-call resolution whenever possible.
- Processes multi-channel messages related to patient and physician requests such as appointments, referrals, prescriptions and complaints.
- Achieves and maintains quality and service goals related to contact center metrics.
- Functions as a team member to organize and prioritize responsibilities to complete daily work assignments.
- Assists with training initiatives for new hires.
Work is typically performed in an office environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying
Associate's Degree- (Preferred)
ExperienceMinimum of 1 year-Related work experience (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.