Equal Opportunity Specialist 3
Dauphin County - Pennsylvania (PA),
Commonwealth of PA
Estimated salary $58,895 - $89,448 a year
The Department of General Services' Bureau of Diversity, Inclusion and Small Business Opportunities (BDISBO) is seeking a person to fill the Procurement Compliance Supervisor position. The primary responsibility of this position is to assist the Equal Opportunity Manager in supervising the compliance division activities and have a working knowledge of certification and goal setting activities. Supervise and train staff related to the application and implementation of the Small Business (SB), Small Diverse Business Programs (SDB), Veteran/Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business Enterprises, and Certified Small Businesses (SB) program across agencies under the Governor's jurisdiction, and/or independent agencies, boards and commissions, state-affiliated, and state related entities.
BDISBO is comprised of dedicated Commonwealth professionals who believe the utmost degree of importance to our mission is creating a more fair and equitable landscape whereby both SBs and SDBs can compete for state contracting opportunities. As part of DGS’s mission and lean principles, BDISBO’s goal is to operate more efficiently, effectively, and safely to deliver exceptional services to Pennsylvania’s citizenry.
BDISBO is a fast-paced environment with room for growth. The person in this position oversees and provides direct supervision of various aspects of BDISBO's certification, goal setting and compliance staff activities which may include but are not limited to procurement processes and procedures. Supervise and oversees the Compliance Unit's collection of utilization reports from Prime and Subcontractors. Conduct periodic follow-up with contractors to ensure that their commitments are aligned with the scope of work. Supervise electronic data collection and analytic instruments to compile and publish bureau metrics that illustrate a variety of program activities and achievements. Perform the full range of supervisory duties including planning, assigning, and reviewing work, training staff, preparing performance ratings, approving leave and resolving conflicts. Supervise the Compliance Unit personnel responsible for conducting contract compliance reviews, researches advocacy inquiries and assists with goal setting activities along with other related duties as required.
Work hours and additional information:
- Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM, one hour lunch
- You will be expected to work from home (telework) full-time. You must have a securely configured high-speed internet connection. If you are unable to telework, you will have the option to report to the headquarters office in Harrisburg.
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements - one year as an Equal Opportunity Specialist 2; OR three years of professional experience in an equal employment opportunity or human resources program and a bachelor's degree; OR an equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Must meet PA residency requirement – For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency
- Do not submit resumes, cover letters, and similar documents. These documents will not be reviewed, and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position or to determine your score. Information to
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans' Preference tab or contact us at [email protected]
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Completing the application, including all supplemental questions, serves as your exam for this position. No additional exam is required at a test center (also referred to as a written exam).
- Your score is based on the detailed information you provide on your application and in response to the supplemental questions.
- Your score is valid for this specific posting only.
You must provide complete and accurate information or:
- your score may be lower than deserved.
- you may be disqualified.
- You may only apply/test once for this posting.
- Your results will be provided via email.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including health coverage, vision, dental, and wellness programs.*
We understand that there is more to life than work – and we want you to enjoy it!
For most positions, we offer paid vacation days, paid sick days, military leave, as well as paid time off for most major U.S. holidays. Alternate work schedules are available for certain positions.
We want to help you grow and see your goals become a reality! Supervisors and human resource staff are available to help employees create a plan to develop skills for their current jobs or prepare for the next step in their careers. Employees can easily transfer between positions or agencies to expand knowledge and pursue new challenges while retaining leave and benefits. Additionally, there are a variety of programs available to help get you where you need to be.
Commonwealth employees enjoy many other rewards, including opportunities for recognition, workplace charitable giving, and even special employee-only discounts.
For more information about benefits, health and wellness, work-life balance, career development, and other rewards go to www.employment.pa.gov and click on the benefits box.
- Eligibility rules apply.