CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIV
Glen Rock - Pennsylvania (PA), 17327
Adhesives Research Inc.
The Customer Service Representative is the “Voice of the Customer” for Adhesives Research, Inc. This relationship-based position necessitates an anticipatory level of customer service, polished and professional communication skills, critical thinking, data based decision making, and motivated to produce results through order execution. Daily cross functional interactions with Manufacturing, Planning, Quality, and Finance teams using abilities to solve customer issues, preventative actions, and prioritizing relative to order fulfillment. This individual manages the customer experience, including, but is not limited to, new customer set up, order entry/maintenance, expediting, logistic, pricing structures, and the overall customer data profile. Responsibility for key accounts using effective interaction with customers both internally and externally through continued practice of clear communication, and follow-ups via written and verbal approaches.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment; notifying the Customer Service Manager of unsafe practices, conditions, or acts
- Serve as an advocate of the customer and liaison to Adhesives Research, Inc.
- Ownership and point of contact for communication of customer issue resolution
- Field customer (internal and external) requests with a professional mannerism and positive attitude. Accurately manages customer information in Oracle.
o Entry and maintenance of orders
o Confirm ship dates, order expediting
o Solid comprehension of customer ordering patterns in relation to lead times, and prompting for orders as needed
o Manage and maintain accurate pricing structure
- Employ pricing schedules based on market, segmentation, or, custom/standard products
- Accuracy and attention to detail is a must.
- Issuance of credit or replacement materials as a result of product non-conformance resolution
- Accurately performs calculations and conversions of various units of measure
- Performs work according to SPAR’s, WI’s, policies, and verbal instructions
- Seeks Customer Service Manager assistance in resolving difficulties not covered by procedures
- Participate in training & development opportunities offered by Adhesives Research, in order to strengthen position in the company.
- Knowledge of our products, business, and industry
Performs other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
- 4-year college degree preferred, or experience equivalency
- 5 years customer service experience, in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge and experience in Continuous Improvement, Lean Manufacturing, and Quality Principals (i.e. Lean, Six Sigma, ISO, cGMP, etc.) are helpful
- Microsoft Office skills required (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Firm understanding of manufacturing, logistics, supply chain management, and problem solving
- Must be motivated, independent working, and a self-starter