Warehouse - 1St Shift
Oaks - Pennsylvania (PA),
At Haines, our people are the backbone of our operation, and they are like family. We believe that happy employees lead to happy customers…and there is no better time to be at Haines than right now! We are on a new journey of growth and change—building on our strong heritage and the commitment of all our associates—and we are looking for talented, hard-working and loyal people to join our distribution family.
Founded in 1874 on the company’s core values of providing customers with superior service and products, Haines is among the oldest privately held companies in America. It is the largest floor covering Distribution Company in the country with operations covering the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and Southeast.
We are actively seeking Distribution Associates for our distribution center located in Oaks, PA.
We provide competitive salaries, generous benefits, a business casual work environment and fun employee outings and events. Most importantly, we offer opportunities. Everyone in the organization has the opportunity to contribute to the success of the company and enjoy the ability to grow their career. In fact, throughout the history of our company many of our company’s leaders started in entry-level positions and worked their way up.
To learn more about the Haines experience, please visit www.jjhaines.com.
- Exhibit a “customer first” attitude
- Report to work on time daily and be available to work required overtime as needed
- Perform safety check on forklift and other PPE equipment
- Ensure equipment is properly stored and charged when needed at shift end
- Maintain a safe and clean work area at all times
- Ensure all materials are received utilizing the methods as directed by the receiving supervisor and recorded accurately
- Ensure that all trailer/trucks are properly chocked and safety devices are engaged prior to entering a vehicle for unloading
- Report any overages, shortages or damages to receiving supervisor immediately
- Report any incorrect product placement to supervisor immediately
- Pull material from staging or storage locations and ensure the customer receives the correct item, quantity and that the product is undamaged
- Stage picked material into racks as required
- Build and assemble product by customer using load sheets and load onto truck to allow driver to unload assuring that material is correct and not damaged
- Load trailers in accordance with proper weight distribution charts
- Utilize scan guns or printed labels and select orders as required
• Check pick sheet to ensure all materials are properly selected and staged for load out as required• Unload and stage transfer trucks as required
- Ensure that Will Call orders are expedited as required
- Any other task as assigned by facility leadership
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years of warehouse experience
- Ability to lift, push, pull and/or carry up to 80 pounds is required
- Dock Stocker lift experience is a must
- Basic computer, reading, writing and math skills required; MS Office experience preferred
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Haines are considered property of Haines and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
**Candidate must undergo a drug screening and background check prior to employment**