Guest Service Agent
Philadelphia - Pennsylvania (PA),
Hilton Garden Inn Center City Philadelphia
Relax at the heart of Philadelphia, steps from the Philadelphia Convention Center. Reading Terminal Market is next door and Independence Hall is minutes away. We're two blocks from Jefferson Station and 13th St. Trolley Station - hitch a ride to explore the wider city or reach the airport, 12 miles away
The Hilton Garden Inn Center City Philadelphia is hiring a Guest Service Agent.
The Guest Service Representative is a member of the Front Office team. This position is responsible for ensuring an appropriate and professional check-in and check-out procedure for our guests while maintaining and promoting hospitality at all times.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Welcome and serve guests in a courteous, efficient and friendly manner, both face-to-face and on the phone.
- Accurately handle a cash bank including correctly charging guests, making change, and properly depositing receipts.
- Accurately navigate through hotel computer system to ensure correct room type, room rate, and payment for all guests.
- Communicate/coordinate guest's needs/requirements with other departments and ensure satisfactory closure to any open guest issues.
- Maintain an awareness of all functions, events, and meetings taking place at the hotel at any given time and be able to give meeting information and directions when asked.
- Must present a friendly, outgoing, energetic, and guest service oriented demeanor at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect business needs of the hotel anticipating weekend shifts.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school Diploma; or GED and 6 months related experience or training.