Summer Camp Coordinator
Rankin - Pennsylvania (PA), 15104
Rankin Christian Center
Estimated salary $16 - $22 an hour
Your job will include many responsibilities, all with the goal of creating a memorable and meaningful camp experience for our campers. Our Camp Coordinator will have real ownership over their camp programs and enjoy infusing their own creativity and talents into their weekly schedules. As a Summer Camp Coordinator your goal will be to help children develop social-emotional skills, character, positive identity, persistence, and belief in oneself, internal motivation - all within our youth programing that respects diversity, includes children and families of different needs and backgrounds, and celebrates each child’s uniqueness! All while ensuring health and safety. Our Summer Day Camp will be created around STREAM (science, technology, robotics, engineering, art and math). To accomplish this, we embrace YOUR interest, passions, and skills to bring out the best in our campers. Summer Camp will be held outside for most of its programming.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, recreation, child or human development or related field is preferred
- Two plus years’ plus experience in working with and/or teaching children in a leadership position
- Develop creative curriculum and activities based on student’s interest. Activities should promote creativity, self-expression, and opportunity for mastery of emotional and professional growth.
- Pre-planning of activities based off budget requirements and develops and post weekly/monthly program activities (like crafts, education games and service projects).
- This position requires a commitment to the Center’s mission and its core values in addition this candidate should value diversity, youth, teens and have a broad vision of health and wellness that enriches the development of our youth.
- Strong supervisory skills in training and coaching staff to high
- Ability to make sound, independent decisions
- Highly collaborative in nature and possess exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate a computer and use a variety of common software programs including Microsoft Office, Excel and customized databases
- Follow all safety procedures and COVID restrictions in the workplace
- CPR/First Aid Certified OR willing to become certified before the summer begins
- Must meet Act 33/34 and FBI Clearance requirements
- Valid PA Driver’s License
- During the course of a work day there is a frequent need to stand, stoop and walk and lift up to 50 lbs.
Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday and Thursday 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
- Monday to Friday
RCC has stations on all floors that provide gloves, masks and hand sanitizer to all employees and enforces all employees to wear masks when in the Center and to follow the social distancing as well. Keeping our employees safe is of utmost importance.
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Childcare: 2 years (Preferred)
- Experience with Children: 2 years (Preferred)
- First Aid Certification (Preferred)
- CPR Certification (Preferred)
- One location
- 1 - 3 months
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place