Entry-Level Product Acceptance Specialist (Inspector)
Smithfield - Pennsylvania (PA),
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) has an exciting opportunity for an Entry-Level Product Acceptance Specialist to join our dynamic team in Smithfield, PA.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
- Verifies basic product conformance to design requirements.
- Provides objective evidence of results.
- Performs auditing, surveillance and monitoring.
- Identifies and documents discrepancies using non-conformance system.
- Segregates and controls non-conforming items.
- Reviews rework dispositions.
- Assists in product reviews with internal customer during product or process verification.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- High School / GED Diploma is required.
- 1+ year of Quality Inspection experience, including FAI (First Article Inspection).
- 1+ year of experience in the inspection of parts, components, assemblies or units.
- Experience reading and understanding engineering drawings, blueprints, schematics, and specifications.
- Experience with the following types of hand tools (calipers, digital optical micrometers, depth gages, thread gages, go no go gages, etc.).
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience working with AS9100 and/or similar (QMS) Quality Management System standard is desired.
Education/experience typically acquired through basic education (e.g. high school diploma/GED).
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Position may require travel up to 10% of the time.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift.