Quality Assurance Analyst (Entry-Level)
Wilkes-Barre - Pennsylvania (PA),
We have an exciting opportunity for a Quality Assurance Analyst (Entry-Level) to join our team.
- With limited direction, carries out procedures to ensure that all information systems products and services meet company and client standards and end-user requirements.
- Thoroughly tests software to ensure proper operation and freedom from defects and/or supports testing as a witness to testing requirements.
- Reviews all documentation for completeness, accuracy, and correctness.
- Organizes and maintains all quality assurance documentation.
- Documents all problems and works to resolve them.
- Reports progress on problem resolution to management.
- Assists more senior positions and/or performs functional duties under the oversight of more senior positions.
- 0 - 2 years’ experience in software development, software quality assurance/control, and/or related field
- Test Automation using UFT, QTP and/or Selenium
- Strong knowledge of/experience with several of the following:
- Able to be an effective liaison between business and technical teams.
- Able to perform all functional duties with the assistance of more senior personnel;
- Experience with and/or knowledge of testing software applications, identifying/documenting defects, and working with developers and end users to resolve defects;
- With assistance as needed, able to review a broad range of technical documentation for completeness, accuracy and correctness;
- Ability to assist team with preparation of cost estimates;
- Working knowledge of/experience with Agile methodologies and SDLC practices;
- Knowledge of/experience with the following:
- Good communication skills
- Candidate must be a US Citizen or permanent resident
Education: A degree from an accredited College/University in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline
Benefits: Full-time employees (permanent or contract employees who are employed for a term greater than 6 months) are eligible for benefits including time-off benefits, such as vacations and holidays, and insurance and other plan benefits.
Location: Wilkes-Barre, PA
Bay State Computers, Inc. is a professional services firm and a leading provider of Information Technology (IT) services and products to the U.S. Federal Government and Industry. Bay State brings together experienced IT professionals and the latest state-of-the-art technology tools, practices, and products to support projects and task order requirements for our customers. For more information about Bay State visit our website and connect with us on LinkedIn.
Bay State Computers, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.