Back Door Attendant/ADC Attendant
Williamsport - Pennsylvania (PA),
Goodwill of North Central Pennsylvania
- Accept donations from the general public
- Assist in the unloading of donated items from donor’s vehicles.
- Treat all customers with respect.
- Attendants will have the right with discretion, to refuse any donation that does NOT meet Goodwill’s standards, i.e. torn, stained or broken furniture, large appliances such as refrigerators, freezers, stoves, washers and dryers. If the customer insists these items are in working condition, inform them they must take them to our local processing center in Falls Creek between the hours of 8:00 am and 2:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Offer a tax donation slip, after taking donations, and sign acknowledging acceptance of donations.
- Store donations in such a way that all available space is utilized, stacking in a safe and orderly manner. All loose donations must be packed into bags or boxes.
- Constantly check the area outside the building for litter, it must be kept clean. All donations left outside in the off hours should be immediately placed inside.
- Assist in the loading and unloading of the Goodwill truck.
- In the winter, assure that the access is kept clear of snow and ice.
Works under the direct supervision of the Store Manager/Assistant Manager. Also works under the direct and/or indirect supervision of the Senior Sales Manager, President and C.E.O. of Goodwill Industries and/or the Vice President of Retail Operations.
STANDARDS FOR MEASURING PERFORMANCE:
- Degree to which standards are reached.
- Degree to which respect and confidence of co-workers is established.
- Quality, quantity, and timeliness in the performance of assigned tasks.
- The manner in which ones conduct reflects the high standards of morals and integrity expected of all Goodwill associates.
- The manner in which the individual reflects his/her overall personal appearance both in following of the Goodwill dress code and personal hygiene.
- The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred, but on-the-job training is provided.
- Must have good work habits, such as acceptable attitude and punctuality.
- Must respond appropriately to supervision.
- Must possess adequate physical endurance to work at industrial standards.
- Must be able to regularly lift up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.