Clover - South Carolina (SC), 29710
Clover School District
CLOVER SCHOOL DISTRICT
The job of Principal is done for the purpose/s of maintaining overall site operations; receiving, distributing
and communicating information to enforce school district and state policies; maintaining safety of school
environment; coordinating school activities; communicating information to staff; and addressing situations,
problems and/or conflicts that could negatively impact the school.
- Assists other personnel for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work
- Chairs meetings (e.g. curriculum, safety, site advisory, special district committees, etc.) for the
purpose of coordinating activities and ensuring that outcomes achieve school, district and/or state
- Composes a wide variety of materials (e.g. quantity reports, student activities, correspondence,
etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference and/or conveying
- Delegates responsibility for a variety of administrative functions to Assistant Principal and other
personnel for the purpose of managing the workload more efficiently.
- Evaluates assigned personnel for the purpose of ensuring that standards are achieved and
performance is maximized.
- Facilitates communication between personnel, students and/or parents for the purpose of
evaluating situations, solving problems and/or resolving conflicts.
- Facilitates the development, communication implementation and evaluation of quality learning for
the purpose of enhancing excellence, equality and equity for staff and students.
- Implements policies, procedures and/or processes for
complying with mandated requirements.
- Leads the development and alignment of the school, instructional mode and evaluation strategies
for the purpose of expanding and implementing teaching and learning.
- Manages school administrative functions (e.g. facility maintenance, budget, staffing, etc.) for the
purpose of maintaining safe and efficient school operations within district guidelines.
- Presents information (e.g. budget overviews, accounting processes, distribution formulas, etc.) for
the purpose of communicating information, gaining feedback and ensuring adherence to
established internal controls.
- Represents the school within community forums for the purpose of maintaining ongoing
community support for educational goals and/or assisting with issues related to school
- Supervises school personnel for the purpose of monitoring performance, providing for
professional growth and achieving overall objectives of school's curriculum.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
Specific skills required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: using pertinent software
applications; planning and managing projects.
Specific knowledge required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job includes: application of
pertinent laws and regulations relating to education; concepts of management and supervision
Specific abilities required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: providing leadership,
direction and team building; maintaining confidentiality; communicating with diverse groups; meeting
deadlines and schedules; setting priorities; working as part of a team and working with frequent