Health and Safety Coordinator
Batesland - South Dakota (SD), 57716
Oglala Lakota County School District
Estimated salary $16.89 - $17.74 an hour
Job Title: Health and Safety Coordinator at Red Cloud/Our Lady of Lourdes
Department: Oglala Lakota County School District
Reports To: Human Resources Director for Red Cloud Indian School,Inc.
Monitored by: Federal Program Director-OLCSD
Prepared By: Superintendent & HR
Compensation and Requirements
This is a two year grant based position: funded through CARES Act Position is dependent on Grant Funding
- Salary plus Benefits is $50,000.00
- FTE = 1.0
- BS in health or related field- Preferred
- Health and Safety Certification- Preferred
This position is provided through funding from the CARES Act and administered by the Oglala Lakota County School District. This position will report to the Red Cloud Indian Schools, Inc. and will work in collaboration with the Canksa' Yuha security service contractor and Transportation Coordinator of RCIS, Inc. to administer the Health and Safety needs of staff and students against COVID and to ensure successful food deliveries for RCIS, Inc. Monitoring of this position will be by the Federal Programs Director of the Oglala Lakota County School District
I. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates the Protection of Safety by:
- Ensures that signs and other protective equipment are available, and in the correct places.
- Tracks purchase and availability of protective equipment and gear.
- Responds to, or coordinates calls for, service and emergency assistance; rendering aid to the physically injured, handicapped and others requiring assistance, including but not limited to victims of accidents, criminal incidents, disputes, performing event crowd and traffic control, natural disasters or other incidents or activities within the boundaries of all Red Cloud Indian School, Inc. Schools.
- Ability to deal with staff, students and public, to be objective & hold confidentiality, with unfamiliar or unpleasant problems, to reason and make sound decisions in emergencies.
- Other duties as assigned by the Transportation Coordinator of RCIS, Inc.
- Coordinates the Protection of Health by;
- Coordinate and evaluate staff, student and visitor use of protective measures regarding COVID
- Assist in planning for the safe transportation of students adhering to COVID prevention requirements.
- Assist in the safe delivery of lunch and breakfast during virtual learning.
- Provides daily and hourly checks at each building to ensure that COVID protection measures are being followed: including Our Lady of Lourdes.
- Responds to, or coordinates calls for, service and emergency assistance; including property damage, property theft, safety hazards, road hazards, building defects and environmental hazards, within the boundaries of Red Cloud Indian School, Inc.
- Administration & Other Essential Duties;
- Assists and coordinates with RCIS department leaders & external agencies in development of protocols for
- Education, Experience & Skills:
- BS in related field- Preferred
- Health and Safety Certifications- Preferred
- General knowledge of CDC, OSHA, SD Department of Health guidelines for COVID prevention.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with employees, students, parents, public, and local emergency representatives, to be objective with unfamiliar or unpleasant problems, to reason, analyze health and safety risks, & make sound decisions in emergencies that is appropriate for a school setting.
- Demonstrated ability to operate job related equipment, including lethal and non-lethal weapons, radios, fire extinguishers, first aid kits, and any other equipment as needed.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills to express ideas clearly and concisely in written and oral form.
- Requires successful completion of employment background screening and verification
- Requires valid state driver license.
- Requires being available to work different shifts as the need arises.
- Physical Requirements:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
- The employee regularly required to sit a at a desk and use a personal computer, telephone or other desktop office equipment
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop kneel crouch or crawl, reach with hands and arms; climb or balance;
- The employee is seldom required to lift and/or move more than 100 pounds
Certification: I have read and understand the preceding job duties, specifications, requirements, accountability, and agree to execute the same in a manner that promotes equality of opportunity, dignity and due respect for all, consistent with the Mission of the Red Cloud Indian School, Inc. and the Oglala Lakota County School District,
Employee Signature Date