Brandon - South Dakota (SD),
Bethany Lutheran Home
Bethany Lutheran Home Brandon is now hiring a full time position for Activities Director.
The Activities Director is responsible for scheduling recreational and social activities to meet the needs of each resident in the facility. He/she will utilize the recreational and hobby equipment and will participate in the budgeting and planning for new equipment. He/she will be in charge of ordering necessary supplies, coordinating a volunteer program, planning, and organizing parties, etc. The Activity Director shall be responsible for planning, scheduling, and conducting Resident Council meetings on a monthly basis.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create a warm social atmosphere in the nursing facility.
- Assume all customary supervisory roles such as responsibility for scheduling, annual reviews, and training.
- Oversee volunteer training and records of training for the Brandon Campus (Meadows & Home).
- Post activities well in advance; make substitutions when necessary; publicize programs among the residents and personnel.
- Schedule speakers, performers, music, groups, civic groups, etc. Schedule resident outings and arrange for transportation.
- Supporting employee wellness and retention
- Hold our activity team accountable to achieve our goals for residents and also to motivate other staff with a “can-do” attitude.
- Communicate with the Chaplain via email the names of residents who are sick or in need of more pastoral attention in a weekly update specifically to her.
- Produce an “amenities” or services offered pamphlet for our rehab residents and our independent persons in Meadows or Garden Homes that empowers them to make use of the Country Store, the Beauty Shop, Wi-Fi access code, Wellness programs, etc.
- Responsible to research regulation changes as needed for activities.
- Develop and supervise meaningful educational opportunities that benefit students and our residents.
- Maintain a schedule of activities at all times.
- Facilitate large and small group activities as well as one-to-one visits as necessary.
- Maintain data on resident contacts, reactions and resident’s capacity to participate; record appropriate entries
- 1. Must be a highly motivated individual to motivate residents in a therapeutic manner.
- Must be able to communicate and work cooperatively with other departments. This individual should have good writing skills and be a creative individual.
- Must be eligible to become a Certified Activities Coordinator or a Therapeutic Recreation Specialist.
Bethany Lutheran Home for the Aged, Inc. is a non-profit, Christian organization serving seniors through its three companies: Bethany Home Sioux Falls, Bethany Home Brandon, and Bethany Meadows.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability