Seasonal Assembly - Summer 2020
Brookings - South Dakota (SD), 57006
Every day, in nearly 100 countries around the world, millions of people depend on Daktronics scoring and display systems for information and entertainment. Our displays provide vital travel information in airports and train stations and along highways. They advertise the price of gas, store specials, and more as you make your daily commute. They also enhance spectators’ experiences at sporting events of all kinds, from Little League to the major leagues.
We utilize a temporary workforce to manage our peaks in workload. Our production employees enjoy stable schedule that runs from Monday through Friday. These positions offer a 40+ hour work weeks with potential for the same or reduced hours continuing into the fall. We offer overtime pay for hours worked above 40 hours each week. Temporary assignments can last up to six months.
Our employees enjoy:
- A welcoming environment with friendly and helpful coworkers.
- Competitive, consistent pay with opportunities for overtime.
- Stable Monday through Friday schedules with no expected hours on the weekend.
- The opportunity to work for an industry leading company.
- Building products shipped all around the world.
General responsibilities include:
- Operate automated equipment and/or perform the modular and technical construction of scoreboards and/or displays, interpret work instructions/technical drawings, safely operate hand tools, and participate in a team.
- Learn Daktronics products, systems, and processes, and produce product in a safe, accurate, and timely manner.
- Be flexible to work in other departments as needed.
- Learn and practice Lean Manufacturing methodology.
- Follow company policies and procedures.
- Complete other duties as assigned to meet customer needs.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Required to work overtime when overtime shifts are scheduled.
- Regularly and reliably work the scheduled hours.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and successfully participate as a member of a team.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Wear all proper protective equipment as required in work area in accordance with Daktronics Safety Policy and OSHA standards. Items may include safety glasses, safety shoes/boots, hearing protection, and electrostatic discharge wear.
Physical requirements include the ability to:
- Distinguish and identify wire and paint colors.
- Read fine print with or without the use of corrective lenses.
- Work with odors (solder/paint/solvent/manufacturing odor).
- Lift and carry heavy (up to 50 lbs.) and/or awkward items.
- Stand or sit for the full shift and have full range of motion (including but not limited to bending and lifting) required to perform the job functions.
- Maintain steady hand/eye coordination.
- Reach in all directions and in potentially awkward positions.
- Fluent in English written and verbal.
- Daktronics does not sponsor, renew, or extend immigration visas for this position.
Daktronics is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetics, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or citizenship status.