Brookings - South Dakota (SD), 57006
The Mortgage Lender proactively solicits new residential mortgage business to meet established loan quality and production goals. Responsible for identifying, developing, and maintaining a quality network of business relationships that serves as a recurring source of referrals for new mortgage lending opportunities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for the development of mortgage business to meet sales and branch goals.
- Increase mortgage loan portfolio by developing business contacts; attracting mortgage customers; completing mortgage loan processing and closing processes as required.
- Interview applicant(s) to determine consumer/mortgage loan requirement and gather pertinent information for a complete loan application.
- Request applicant credit reports, background checks, reference checks, and other information required for a complete loan package.
- Resolve uncertainties relating to customer application information through inquires with applicant and/or creditors.
- Review mortgage loans by examining application and supporting documentation; estimating credit-worthiness; calculating repayment risk according to bank policy.
- Approve loans within specified limits or refer to loan committee for approval.
- Attend appropriate community events representing company. (Chamber events, civic, and social events).
- Provide training sessions and support to branch office staff on new products and customer assistance, as needed.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, across a variety of audiences.
- Must possess professional and effective interpersonal skills.
- Maintain current knowledge of financial mortgage markets, trends, and technology.
- Participate in community or other service programs to develop goodwill.
- Perform other duties as
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Knowledge of conventional and governmental lending guidelines.
- Understanding of Federal Regulations governing Real Estate Lending.
- 2+ years of banking experience and/or training in a financial institution preferred.
To succeed in this role, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Note: Management reserves the right to assign or reassign functions and responsibilities to this job description at any time.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
This position is largely self-directed, and requires a thorough understanding of company policy, procedures and values. Team members will be required to adhere to safety requirements at all times and in all work environments.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- Lifting requirement – Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
- Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily with interruptions and/or distractions.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
MetaBank is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans