Team Lead Assembler: Days
Brookings - South Dakota (SD),
Twin City Fan Companies, Ltd.
- Ensures the safe and timely production of scheduled shop orders or department work by effectively utilizing people, equipment and material. This includes making job assignments and setting up work for employees in the department.
- Is responsible and accountable for the team’s quality of product or department work and on-time delivery to meet schedules as needed.
- Interacts with various levels of people in the plant as needed.
- Ensures that TCF policies, procedures and guidelines are followed.
- Assists the supervisor/manager with employee activities. This includes: evaluation and discipline; Corrective Action Request responses and seeking out root cause solutions; scheduling vacation and UTO time and approving daily time sheets; annual performance evaluations, etc.
- Identifies and corrects unsafe acts or conditions, both in primary duties within department and throughout the plant.
- Regularly conducts training and meetings to include: work instructions, preventative maintenance and safety practices. Pending plant location, this may include QSPs.
- Communicates daily all relevant information in department to alternate shift Supervisors and/or Team Leads.
- Helps sweep plant and keeps areas safe from accidents. Ensures employees maintain a clean working environment to include open aisles and good housekeeping as needed.
- Manages the flow of materials to/from/within the department as needed. This may include keeping inventory. This may also include assuring that material from “controlled stores” is readily available to the work stations in a timely manner.
- Assures the accurate and timely reporting of various records which may include (depending on department and plant location): Time Sheets, Production Reports, Rework Reports, Check Sheets, Down Time Date, Associate Job Transfers, etc.
- Assists with setting up equipment and assuring quality operations.
- Informs maintenance of any work orders. In conjunction with Maintenance personnel, coordinates maintenance activities with department requirements and schedules.
- As needed, actively participates with the entire Operation Team to support and implement initiatives.
- Works in the department as needed, up to 80% time, to maintain the flow of work.
- Acts as a certified First Responder when so trained
- Applies ISO-9000 system procedures and ensures compliance.
- Operates bridge crane or fork lift to load and unload materials to-from-within department.
- Act, Live and Behave by TCF Core Values.
- Additional duties may be assigned, dependent upon location and department or product line.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 2+ years in a manufacturing environment.
- 1+ years’ TCF department experience preferred in relevant department, i.e., welding, shipping, sheet metal, receiving, machine shop, assembly, paint, etc.).
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals written in English. This includes shop orders and blue
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND REQUIRED TRAINING
The following certifications and training, if required, will be provided by the company:
- Forklift Certificate
- Bridge Crane Training
- Fall Protection Training
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
To successfully perform the essential function of this position, employees must have the ability to:
- Continuously lift/move 25 pounds; occasionally lift/move up to 50 pounds; occasionally pull up to 100 pounds with wheels (pallet jack).
- Continuously stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms above shoulder height; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk; and hear.
- Occasionally climb, balance, stoop, kneel, reach with hands and arms at waist level and below the waist, and work in limited space.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, color vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is continuously exposed to moving mechanical parts and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to high places, fumes or airborne particles and/or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Twin City Fan is dedicated to providing a safe and healthy work environment. Each and every employee must understand and continually work within the safety and health rules and policies. The use of good judgment and common sense is critical to workplace safety, and Twin City Fan expects every employee to work in a safe and conscientious manner.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)