Elk Point - South Dakota (SD), 57025
Tests and inspects products at various stages of production process and compiles and evaluates data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products by performing the following duties.
This position also inspects, and audits purchased, fabricated, and welded metal components and assemblies. This role will also inspect, and audit painted parts. Conduct performance testing on paintedproducts. Monitor process controls.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interprets engineering drawings, schematic diagrams, or formulas and confers with Quality and Service Manager or engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards.
- Conducts inspections and test as assigned
- Inspects and/or tests at specified stages in production process, for variety of qualities such as dimensionperformance, and mechanical, electrical, or chemical characteristics.
- Records inspections and test data.
- Applies statistical quality control procedures to display and analyze data.
- Evaluates inspection and test data and produces standardized reports to validate or indicate
deviations from existing standards.
- Recommends modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability.
- Sets up and performs destructive and nondestructive tests on materials, parts, or products to measure performance, life, or material characteristics.
- Prepares graphs or charts of data or enters data into computer for analysis.
- Ensure compliance with corporate and plant safety standards.
- Manages other team members within the Quality Department
- Responsible for overseeing 360 Programs within the facility
- Oversee and assist with Built in Quality (BIQ) and Partners in Quality (PIQ) programs
- Responsible for detection, documentation and notification of proper supervisors of improper operations, defective material and questionable conditions and work habits
- Oversee setting up and testing any mechanical inspections using proper tools and procedures
- Oversee the performance of non-destructive testing, dimensional checks, blueprint readings, necessary shop mathematics
- Must maintain a system for collections of data and record maintenance
- Responsible for periodic checks of welding machines to verify the machine setting is within prescribed limits for the welding operation being performed
- Maintain a line of communication between inspection and manufacturing to resolve discrepancies as noted
Required Skills and Qualifications
State the minimum qualifications required to successfully perform the job. These are the qualifications that are necessary for someone to be considered for the position.
- Possess High School Diploma or General Equivalency Degree (GED Must possess ability and knowledge to confidently read blueprints and weld procedures
- Must have prior knowledge of welding, fabrication and manufacturing
- Must possess standard knowledge of hand and power tools and know how to use them
- 3-5 years’ experience in previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is required.
- 1-3 Years’ experience managing other
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
This section should include all preferred but not required skills/qualifications.
- AWS Certified Welder preferred
- An associate degree in quality technology
- Work is conducted inside and outside during all-weather types.
- Temperatures will be variable according to season and specific work site.
- Tasks may involve moderate to heavy physical labor.
- Walking, climbing, standing, sitting, and lifting are required
- Must be able to work in cold and hot weather conditions some part of the time.
- Be able to grip, pull and push heavy objects.
- Ability to work with hands and perform routine lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Stand for extended periods of time.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.