Elk Point - South Dakota (SD), 57025
Perform an array of functions that may include receiving and processing incoming stock and materials, picking and filling orders from stock, packing and shipping orders, or managing, organizing and retrieving stock in the warehouse.
- Shipping and receiving of parts and materials
- Assist shipping and receiving unloading trucks and checking in merchandise
- Prepares orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulling materials; packing boxes; placing orders in delivery area
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to organizational standards
- Open bales, crates and other containers
- Maintains inventory controls by collecting stock location orders, printing request, recording amounts of materials or items received or distributed through a computer. May also assist in counting of physical inventory
- Prepare parcels for mailing
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and workstations neat; Sweep, dust and mop
- Locate and pull parts per order
- Complete required paperwork and computer data entry
- Wear the proper safety equipment
- Work safely and adhere to Load King’s safety requirements
Skills and Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- 1-2 years previous warehouse experience preferred
- Good communication, organizational, time management mathematical skills
- Dependable and Reliable
- Inventory, Equipment maintenance, data entry and computer skills may be required
- Forklift license (or ability to earn license)
- Proven commitment to safety.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
Previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is preferred but not required
- Work is conducted inside and outside during all-weather types.
- Temperatures will be variable according to season and specific work site.
- Tasks may involve moderate to heavy physical labor.
- Walking, climbing, standing, sitting, and lifting are required.
- Occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling 25/50/80 pounds regularly
- The ability to respond quickly to sounds
- The ability to move safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaces
- The ability to see and respond to dangerous situations
- The ability to safely climb ladders while carrying 40 pounds and balancing on ladders and platforms of heights above 42”
- Be able to stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl throughout an 8-12-hours per day
- The ability to work in extreme weather
- The ability to wear personal protective gear correctly most of the day
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.