Lake Norden - South Dakota (SD),
For Current Agropur Employees:
Please apply for this job through the Career application of your Workday Home Page.
Working at Agropur means being a member of an extended family where simplicity and honesty are part of everyday life, and where the management style is based on integrity, openness and autonomy. You can join, as well, Agropur's extended family.The Warehouse Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of material handling equipment to accurately ship, process and receive product to meet internal standards and external customer needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize forklift truck and pallet jack to load and unload product shipments as well as delivery supplies.
- Report any issues with equipment to manager or supervisor.
- Understand and comply with all Quality Assurance policies, and immediately report any potential food safety issues to management.
- Prepare, stage, load and unload trucks and containers safely and accurately.
- Match incoming raw and finished ingredient to the bill of lading.
- Match bills of lading to paper work, container numbers, and seal trucks on outgoing product.
- Examine products to verify conformance to quality standards.
- Pick and stage orders to be shipped.
- Maintain department sanitation duties per sanitation schedule.
- Conduct inventories as needed.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Inspect and perform maintenance on forklifts and other material handling equipment.
- Operate production equipment including robots, palletizers, and conveyor systems.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand and adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Safety Protocol
- Stop any observed unsafe acts and obey facility safety rules and procedures.
- Correct or report any observed safety hazards.
- Support safety policies and programs.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience operating a forklift preferred.
- Slip Sheet Unit/ Powerlift Jack operation experience preferred.
- Pallet jack and forklift certification required; in-house training to achieve certification provided.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with colleagues.
- Basic computer operational skills; able to input and retrieve computerized information.
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
- Ability to positively influence other team members while providing leadership.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills, establish priorities, ability to multitask, and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate attention to detail, quality and cleanliness in work.
- Able to exchange basic informational data (fill out forms/checklists, copy data from one record to another, etc.); interview to gather information; advise others on alternatives/options; coach and counsel others; read, understand and explain technical data.
- Dedication to meet the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; acts with customers in mind.
- Results driven, bottom-line oriented, strives to exceed goals, and motivates self and others to achieve positive outcomes.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others and work to maintain constructive working relationships.
AA/EEO – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity