Madison - South Dakota (SD), 57042
A Delivery/Warehouse Technician performs all the activities necessary to handle products from point of receipt at a Karls facility through the final delivery and installation in a customers home. This includes the ability to drive Karls Delivery vehicles. The position requires the ability to handle large and bulky items as an individual or with assistance as and when necessary. Interaction with customers through assistance on the floor, warehouse or during home delivery. The position requires the ability to manage time efficiently and to put safety and care for ones self, our customers property and our merchandise at a premium at all times. This position is often the last point of contact Karls has with a customer so good customer service skills, including a proper professional appearance are necessary.
- Unload Vendor Deliveries with caution and care
- Verification of bill of lading and vendor invoices for accurate receiving
- Management of product placement and stacking within our warehouse areas
- Conducting inventories with Store team as necessary
- Assistance to sales team to help provide product for floor display
- Maintenance of the warehouse orderliness as well as loading dock and exterior areas
- Deliver and do basic installation of appliances in residential, apartment, condominium, and office settings.
- Prepare and verification of appropriate paperwork prior to deliveries and installations, including recording of serial numbers for inventory control.
- Inspect product slated for your deliveries to ensure product is not damaged.
- Prepare product for delivery using appropriate measures such as use of blankets and strap dollies to ensure no damage.
- Secure load to vehicle prior to departure.
- Use protective items in the customers home or business to ensure we do not damage the property
- Installation of washers, dryers, refrigerators water lines connections Gas lines determined by location
- Ensuring paperwork with serial numbers is turned into store sales team for immediate invoicing upon delivery completion
- Maintain the vehicle in a clean and orderly manner both inside and out.
- Miscellaneous Duties as assigned
Karls TV Audio & Appliance is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, Veterans status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
Work experience requirements:
- Excellent driving habits and good driving record
- Able to lift 75 lbs. consistently throughout the day
- Able to use hand trucks and dollies efficiently
- Knowledge of basic electrical and plumbing connections preferred
- Experience with computer beneficial for invoicing and look-up
- Forklift experience beneficial
- Excellent customer service demeanor
- High school diploma
Brand: Karl's TV & Appliance Inc.
Address: 219 S. Egan Madison, SD - 57042
Property Description: Karl's - Madison
Property Number: 19