Mitchell - South Dakota (SD),
[email protected] Chaplain - an opportunity to provide spiritual care, counseling and guidance to Hospice patients and their families where they are most comfortable – their home!
- Utilize the gifts of compassion, hospitality and stewardship.
- Assist people to understand more fully life's events
- Help people relate to their spiritual and emotional well-being
- Be a resource person and supportive presence for Hospice team members
- Provide education about hospice care, grieving process, spiritual needs and bereavement
- Avera offers excellent benefits including health, dental, paid time off, generous retirement and competitive salary
- Master's degree in Theology, Pastoral Care or related field preferred
- One to two years related experience and/or training in hospice ministry preferred
- Knowledge of and appreciation for the Christian witness inherent in the philosophy of the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Services
- Two units of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) preferred
- Certification by National Accreditation Body (ACPE, APC, NACC) preferred
If you have ever had a loved one in need of home-based clinical care, you know the impact a compassionate, high quality caregiver can have on their lives!
If this is your passion, please consider joining our innovative team as we provide quality care and services within a caring Christian culture.